I have a Samsung WEP200 - works well. My question to you all is this: how can I use voice calling while the bluetooth is active and in my ear?? Is there a setting I have to go to? Thanks so much.
    01-16-09 12:35 PM
    I have the Jabra BT530 and use it for calls and listening to music whilst running. The most comfortable headset I have ever owned and no cables when running. 10/10

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 01:01 PM
    I have a Samsung WEP200 - works well. My question to you all is this: how can I use voice calling while the bluetooth is active and in my ear?? Is there a setting I have to go to? Thanks so much.
    You should be able to just hit the answer/end button on the headset. I used to use a WEP200 and that worked for me. Press the button and the nice lady comes on and says, "Say a command." Then I tell her what to do.
    01-16-09 01:06 PM
    Plantronics 222 I have used expensive Motorola Bluetooths and they dont fit my ear right but all the Plantronics do. I will only buy Plantronics brand.
    01-16-09 01:22 PM
    I have the Plantronics 665. It fits in my ear well and secure. Sound quality is very good. Battery life is very good.

I wish that it did not require the lipstick case to charge it, though. I have to remember to bring that along on biz trips. A mini-connector on the device itself would be much better.

I've had it for over a year and it still keeps a good charge.
    01-16-09 01:35 PM
    i have had trouble connecting my jawbone to my storm. is there something i should know?
    01-19-09 03:07 PM
    Another vote for the Jawbone II. Noise cancelling is great and no static. Voice commands work well and no need to speak loudly to overcome background noise.
    Very light and the sound goes right into your ear. Full volume is too loud for me. Amazon had them for almost half list price.

Good Luck in your search!
    01-19-09 03:39 PM
    I use H700...I like that I can open/close the mic to turn it on and off...buttons to push (except to answer calls) lol

Also, have blueant but am not too happy with it...
    01-19-09 06:05 PM
    2 different posters have said they use the Jabra BT530 and can listen to music with it. But I didn't see the AD2P profile listed in the spec sheet. I've been looking for a small, lightweight bluetooth that can stream music but I didn't necessarily want stereo earbuds. I have the voyager 855 but it hurts my ear and doesn't stay in place as well as I would like. If the Jabra BT530 can, indeed stream music, this might be the headset for me. I would like to be able to discreetly listen to music without cords.
    01-19-09 07:15 PM
    Check out the BlueTooth Central Forum under the Looking for the World's Most Comfortable Earpiece... thread. I also agree with RicanMedic78 the Blueant V1 is the best I've ever owned all around. I wear it all day in all kinds of conditions and never any problems.
    01-19-09 07:20 PM
    2 different posters have said they use the Jabra BT530 and can listen to music with it. But I didn't see the AD2P profile listed in the spec sheet. I've been looking for a small, lightweight bluetooth that can stream music but I didn't necessarily want stereo earbuds. I have the voyager 855 but it hurts my ear and doesn't stay in place as well as I would like. If the Jabra BT530 can, indeed stream music, this might be the headset for me. I would like to be able to discreetly listen to music without cords.
    I only use Slacker for music and it indeed goes through my BT530 without an issue. Standard setup, didn't do anything special. Sounds great for what I use...

01-19-09 08:03 PM
    I only use Slacker for music and it indeed goes through my BT530 without an issue. Standard setup, didn't do anything special. Sounds great for what I use...

Thanks for the response...I actually did some Googling and then read Jabra's PDF and that headset does, indeed, have the A2DP stereo profile that is necessary to stream music.

So you are happy with the call quality? Sounds like the headset I've been looking for since I've determined the Voyager 855 is just a bit too heavy and uncomfortable. It goes deep into the ear canal forming a seal so I find myself constantly readjusting it to reseal it (it pulls out due to the weight).
    01-19-09 10:01 PM
    Check out the BlueTooth Central Forum under the Looking for the World's Most Comfortable Earpiece... thread. I also agree with RicanMedic78 the Blueant V1 is the best I've ever owned all around. I wear it all day in all kinds of conditions and never any problems.
    I just got this for DH for Christmas. He hasn't actually used it yet but I have. I like it and agree it is very comfortable, but I didn't read the instructions on it and was unable to actually make a phone call using only voice commands. I ended up just using the handset instead. From what I could tell voice quality was great. I left myself a voicemail while driving. I have a fairly loud car so I was pleased with the results of my little test, but I never got a chance to truly use it "in action".
    01-19-09 10:03 PM
    I have used both Jabra BT8040 and Plantronics Discovery 650E and both work well.
    01-20-09 08:12 AM
    Jawbone... simply the best
    01-20-09 08:16 AM
    Plantronics Discovery 925...
    01-20-09 08:19 AM
    Thanks for the response...I actually did some Googling and then read Jabra's PDF and that headset does, indeed, have the A2DP stereo profile that is necessary to stream music.

So you are happy with the call quality? Sounds like the headset I've been looking for since I've determined the Voyager 855 is just a bit too heavy and uncomfortable. It goes deep into the ear canal forming a seal so I find myself constantly readjusting it to reseal it (it pulls out due to the weight).
    Yes, very happy with the call quality actually. Most people I've asked didn't notice much of a difference in how I sounded vs no headset.
    Some didn't notice any difference at all.

01-20-09 10:56 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD