I can connect my 8330 to my PC with bluetooth, but all it will let me do is sync with DM. I can not access any of the files on my berry to transfer then to the PC.

Am i missing something? Or did Verizon lock this down too?
    02-13-09 06:59 AM
    It's a function of what bluetooth services are available on your BB and your PC. The PC will be controlled by the BT driver. I don't think file transfer is supported.
    02-13-09 07:06 AM
    This may be a point of contention, but with the ability to connect to your computer via usb, and via memory card adapter... why use BT at all?
    02-13-09 07:12 AM
    It's a function of what bluetooth services are available on your BB and your PC. The PC will be controlled by the BT driver. I don't think file transfer is supported.
    Ah ok. Maybe there is a better driver out there. Maybe not. Thanks!
    02-13-09 07:17 AM
    This may be a point of contention, but with the ability to connect to your computer via usb, and via memory card adapter... why use BT at all?
    Lazyness mostly. It takes effort to reach down and pick up the cable off the floor, dig the berry out of my pocket and plug it in. LOL

I was just experimenting.
    02-13-09 07:18 AM
    Given the fragility of the mini usb connector on the curve, setting up bluetooth sync is not such a bad idea.
    02-13-09 08:04 AM
    a reason to use BT is if you r using a charging pod, your pluging/un-pluging your usb cable saves wear & tear. I had several usb ports fail due to the physical abuse the connection takes from a lot of pluging in/out.

I believe you can use BT if u r on a bb enterprise server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 08:41 AM
    You will need some bluetooth software for your PC that supports OBEX file transfers.

I use Linux on my PC's, so can't advise very well for Winblows, but I can use bluetooth and do file transfers both too and from my verizon curve quite happily.

Perhaps if you google bluetooth, windows and OBEX it may turn up something?

Hope this helps,

Russ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD