First off I will admitted that I have been a distant admirer of this wealth of knowledge in these forums. I have popped in frequently to answer questions that I have. I have however come across a problem that I have been unable to solve. I apologize in advance if this seems simplistics for some.

I have been trying to connect my Curve 8310 from AT&T running v.5.0.110 to my Dell laptop running Desktop Manager 4.7.0.32 via its onboard bluetooth unit. I have followed numerous instructions to no avail. Here is what I have tried so far:
    -Upgrading Desktop Manager
    -Removing third party bluetooth drivers
    -Wiping the device because I was once an Enterprise user(that was a nightmare but I did upgrade the BB OS in the process and that was cool)
    -Reset the registry key associated with being a past Enterprise user just in case the proper service was blocked
    -instructions direct from Rim on how to install bluetooth
    -every trick and tweak my IT brain can think of

At this point I am stuck. I am just trying to get my BB to sync with my Outlook 2007 contacts and calendar via bluetooth. Is that too much to ask??

Please help!!!
    03-10-09 06:50 PM
    Two things. I would uninstall DM 4.7 and go back to 4.6. 4.7 was released for the Storm.

Second, take a look at this article. It has everything you need for setting up Bluetooth. Pay close attention to the topics on the BT driver.

BlackBerry Application Error
    03-10-09 07:00 PM
    Thanks for the info. I got excited about maybe seeing a suggestion that I didn't see on my own. I have tried this but with no success.

However right at the top of the document it says the following:

"On the BlackBerry smartphone, the Bluetooth Options screen must display Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass in the Services list. "

Herein lies the problem. I don't have these services listed and I have no idea why they aren't. I was implying this issue in my original post when I said I wiped the device and updated the registry. This was an attempt to reset the services because I am a past Enterprise user (ended the connection 5 months ago). How do you reset/change services? I will continue to try these instructions but I'm concerned it will be a futile effort.

Any more thoughts?
    03-12-09 05:22 PM
    I have PIM item transfer and Bluetooth Serial Port in my services. CrackPic is not working on my Vista 64 so I can post a screen shot.
    03-12-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD