Sssooo.....I can hook up to my friends sony ericson and sent her ringtones n stuff no problem. However, when I have us connected and try to send something to my bb, is says the device is found....but unable to connect. Says something about needing to check my settings. My bluetooth says mine is discoverable. I don't understand why they r connected and I can send to her, but she can't send to me......any ideas here??

Also.....my trackball is messing up....mostly on scrolling down. Any ideas on a fix?? Thanks all!! Really not wanting to scroll down...horribly annoying. Very stiff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 08:30 PM
    I had the same bluetooth problem and also posted a question here, but never got a response. As far as the trackball goes, have you tried to clean it? You can find detailed directions by searching for it in the forums.

07-15-08 08:58 PM
    Are you using "receive using bluetooth" from the menu on your blackberry when she's sending??

07-15-08 09:57 PM
    ...I can hook up to my friends sony ericson and sent her ringtones n stuff no problem. However, when I have us connected and try to send something to my bb, is says the device is found....but unable to connect. Says something about needing to check my settings. My bluetooth says mine is discoverable. I don't understand why they r connected and I can send to her, but she can't send to me......any ideas here??...
    Be sure your bluetooth activity LED indicator is enabled. Not enabling it will cause dropped connections. Enabling it doesn't fix all problems, but not enabling it is guaranteed to cause problems.
    07-15-08 10:21 PM
    Are you using "receive using bluetooth" from the menu on your blackberry when she's sending??

Onepoonis is right the easiest way i have found to get file is go into media files / explore files / menu / receive using bluetooth and then send file from other phone or computer etc.
    07-15-08 10:32 PM
    Onepoonis is right the easiest way i have found to get file is go into media files / explore files / menu / receive using bluetooth and then send file from other phone or computer etc.
    Yes!! That did totally work. I was trying to do it a different way, but this way let us connect and transfer to my phone. A little more complicated, but it worked.....Thank U sooo much!!!
    07-16-08 08:39 AM
    okay........it will only let me save these SONG mp3's as ringtones. how do i get them to my music file instead??? they are full length songs......it automatically saves as a ringtone.....its not seeming to let me change folders.....or maybe i'm just not sure how....
    07-16-08 08:44 AM
    Yes!! That did totally work. I was trying to do it a different way, but this way let us connect and transfer to my phone. A little more complicated, but it worked.....Thank U sooo much!!!
    I had same issue when i first got my pearl. That is how i figured out how to send via bluetooth and never tried any other way, use this method and it never fails.
    07-16-08 01:13 PM
    okay........it will only let me save these SONG mp3's as ringtones. how do i get them to my music file instead??? they are full length songs......it automatically saves as a ringtone.....its not seeming to let me change folders.....or maybe i'm just not sure how....
    i will try w/ my phone and get back to you.
    07-16-08 01:18 PM
    Ok when you send the song from one phone to your phone, your phone should ask you choose location where you wish to save file . Under that question you will see a folder on bottom right of pop up box. It uses a default folder which is ring tones, if you save song into that folder it should be complete file or complete song. I am playing on my phone right now complete song. Now to put that file into a different location All you need to do is highlight file hit menu key then hit move on drop down list then pick folder you want to store songs into and you now can access them the way you normally play your songs.
    07-16-08 01:49 PM

Also.....my trackball is messing up....mostly on scrolling down. Any ideas on a fix?? Thanks all!! Really not wanting to scroll down...horribly annoying. Very stiff

Yeah it is dirty just search for link on how to remove trackball and clean it, my phone has same issue sticky scrolling down only when it is dirty.
    07-16-08 01:53 PM
    Ok when you send the song from one phone to your phone, your phone should ask you choose location where you wish to save file . Under that question you will see a folder on bottom right of pop up box. It uses a default folder which is ring tones, if you save song into that folder it should be complete file or complete song. I am playing on my phone right now complete song. Now to put that file into a different location All you need to do is highlight file hit menu key then hit move on drop down list then pick folder you want to store songs into and you now can access them the way you normally play your songs.

when i go to that complete song.....and hightlight song and hit the menu key.....these are my options

help
    play
    set as phone tune
    delete
    properties
    download tunes
    send using bluetooth
    receive using bluetooth
    options
    switch aps
    close

*****can't figure out how to "move" when i have no "move" choices.******
    any more ideas?? i don't get it.
    07-16-08 02:40 PM
    how are you finding the file and does it play the full song if you play it from your ringtone folder. Do you have a sd micro card in your phone. The issue may be something with folder directory tree.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 07-16-08 at 02:49 PM.
    07-16-08 02:47 PM
    i go to media......and then ringtones.....and that's where the songs are saved at. they play like full songs, as they are saved as full mp3 songs. yes, i have a 2gig sd card that things are set up to save to. i'm stumped.
    07-16-08 02:53 PM
    When i remove my sd micro card i am getting similar choice list. You might be able to fix this issue if you use roxio media manager and create some new folders in the directory and then attempt.
    07-16-08 02:58 PM
    i go to media......and then ringtones.....and that's where the songs are saved at. they play like full songs, as they are saved as full mp3 songs. yes, i have a 2gig sd card that things are set up to save to. i'm stumped.
    make sure you have mass storage mode support on.
    07-16-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD