I tried to search but could not find any results

Is there anyway i can block a blackberry messenger contact? I dont see an option in the menu, but if i delete them, can they contact me?
    02-17-09 06:27 PM
    You can delete them. To contact you from BBM they would have to be on your list again etc. Just deny them

If they have your pin they can still PIN (they do obviously)message you though.
    02-17-09 06:28 PM
    You can delete them. To contact you from BBM they would have to be on your list again etc. Just deny them

If they have your pin they can still PIN (they do obviously)message you though.
    whats "doing a PIN?"

and wouldnt they be able to get my pin by going to my contact info on their bbmsngr contact list? of will i dissapear from thier list when i delet them from mine?
    02-17-09 06:34 PM
    Well yes they can see it within BBM as you said in contact info. If they dont have it written down or anything its all good. Delete them and they are gone. A pin is just like an SMS. Its pin to pin but not using the bbm app/software but yes they would need to know your pin #

Pin is going messages>compose pin>
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-17-09 at 06:44 PM.
    02-17-09 06:41 PM
    Okay so if i delete them from my list, i wont show anymore on theirs right?
    02-17-09 06:44 PM
    That is correct.....
    02-17-09 06:45 PM
    how can this be
    02-17-09 06:46 PM
    Through BBM or a pin message?
    02-17-09 06:47 PM
    bbmsngr......
    02-17-09 06:48 PM
    If they are not on your list they cannot message you without your acceptance again... Do a battery pull..
    02-17-09 06:49 PM
    i think its working now lol
    02-17-09 06:54 PM
    Roger that! Glad its sorted. Now if they message you should see it pending until you accept or deny
    02-17-09 06:55 PM
    Now, can you go back and edit the profanity out of post #7? Why is that even necessary?
    02-17-09 07:49 PM
    If they are not on your list they cannot message you without your acceptance again... Do a battery pull..
    i have to disagree with this. Because i have deleted one of my "friend" on my bbm list and he still can send msgs to me. it doesn't even ask for acceptance or deny, his msgs just *poof* on Conversation List.

i have no idea how to block his msgs. i know the only way is to change my bb but will it carried on when i do the back up to my new bb?

about battery pull i did several times, even i have upgraded my OS twice with complete wipe out using JLCmdr, but his msg still comes through.

anybody have solutions?
    11-18-09 04:45 AM
    i have to disagree with this. Because i have deleted one of my "friend" on my bbm list and he still can send msgs to me. it doesn't even ask for acceptance or deny, his msgs just *poof* on Conversation List.

i have no idea how to block his msgs. i know the only way is to change my bb but will it carried on when i do the back up to my new bb?

about battery pull i did several times, even i have upgraded my OS twice with complete wipe out using JLCmdr, but his msg still comes through.

anybody have solutions?
    If I'm not mistaken, you can delete the contact and they can still send them to you as long as they still have your PIN in their phone without needing acceptance.
    11-18-09 06:49 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, you can delete the contact and they can still send them to you as long as they still have your PIN in their phone without needing acceptance.
    maybe and i think this is true because it happened to me.

RIM better come up with something to block the bbm contact, this person start irritating me because he always send spams! and my data bill goes sky high because I travel a lot to another country (roaming)

i did tell him not to send anymore msg and please delete me but he still do it until today! (5 min ago he sent another spam!)

one more feature that i don't like about bbm5, it can send broadcast msgs to ALL!!
    11-18-09 08:05 PM
    What's his pin? We can spam him back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 08:10 PM
    If you have BBM 5 you should have, when you deleted this contact, selected Ignore Future Invitations for this Contact, then selected to delete him. Also, if you know his email, I would also log into your BIS account, set up a filter to block his email from coming to your device at least. Done this myself, no issue.
    11-18-09 08:46 PM
    I would respond with a please stop or I am going to report you to your carrier and the police. If it is his work phone maybe a call to his hr department will get his attenion..
    11-18-09 09:07 PM
    Man, that just sux... Any ideas cos I have some lady I met who keeps msging me with rather rude pics of herself. It was fun for a while but i need to block her cos its getting kid of annoying. Without reporting her, cos that would be a bummer to her. Any suggestions?
    07-27-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD