Hi,
    Somehow my BB won't charge over USB, but the port works.
    I looked at the mini connector here at work under the microscope and cleaned it.
    Also, when I take out the battery and just plug in the power, the blackberry will light up and tell me to put in the battery.

Is this a software issue? Seems to me that the USB connection is fine.

Anyone else have this?
    I don't want to buy a cradle if I don't have to, and I always charge my phone with the cable.

Regards,
    WA
    01-04-10 12:57 PM
    Cradles are great under $10 but that is strange with it poewering up with battery out. Not sure if it uses different pins to charge and to poer up the berry. I assume the data is separate... did you google this?
    01-04-10 08:13 PM
    your cable may not be working properly....have you tried different cables?
    something could be wrong and it's not providing enough power for you to charge the device.
    01-04-10 08:17 PM
    I did not look up the pin connections yet. It just is weird that it will work without battery (telling me there's no battery).

I really can't have a cradle only, since I often charge my phone on the road.

No one else experience this? Maybe I will just try to put a newer OS onto it.

Cradles are great under $10 but that is strange with it poewering up with battery out. Not sure if it uses different pins to charge and to poer up the berry. I assume the data is separate... did you google this?
    01-04-10 08:19 PM
    Yeah I have tried different cables....and I have also cleaned the contacts in the device. I think there's something wrong with the mini usb connector in the BB, but why does the data still work then and I powers the device up....

your cable may not be working properly....have you tried different cables?
    something could be wrong and it's not providing enough power for you to charge the device.
    01-04-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD