I repair, de brand, and unlock blackberries on a regular basis, but it seems that I've hit a snag. For whatever reason, my latest repair will sync (I've completely wiped it, reloaded it) but will not charge.

This is not a battery issue; I've used 5 different batteries that all work in another curve. The usb pins seem fine, and the phone does power on, though briefly when I insert just the battery, then exclaims that the battery is drained. I can put it on the charger for hours, or leave it plugged into my computer, but no dice. It shows the lightning bolt and says its charging, but a look at battery status over a period of a few hours shows no progress.

Obviously its a hardware issue, but whats wrong with it? Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Last edited by cbeasley0; 05-20-09 at 10:10 AM.
    05-20-09 09:43 AM
    I have experienced this twice with the curve. The only thing I was able to do was get it replaced. Someone internally right next to the female slot of the phone, when it gets loose it won't act right. Will charge, but won't sync. Will sync but won't charge.

I appreciate your frustration on this, since it happened to me twice when I was a curve user.
    05-20-09 09:45 AM
    Have you tried putting it on a charging pod? Maybe the alternate power path may be a clue.
    05-20-09 09:46 AM
    @oI Platinum Io So, not the usb connections, but rather a module on the pcb is loose?

@trucky I'll have to try the new pad.
    Last edited by cbeasley0; 05-20-09 at 10:09 AM.
    05-20-09 09:47 AM
    Just replaced the pad and the midplate. There's a little prong that's part of the door clasp that has two respective contacts that touch to mainboard, one was broken off, it looks to be a ground. Seems the phone still isn't charging.
    05-20-09 10:14 AM
    Nope, still doesn't work. Makes me sad because it's a brand new phone otherwise.
    05-20-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD