My phone will NOT NOT NOT charge- This is what happens:
    When I plug the charger into my phone the phone recognizes that it has been plugged into the charger- when I plug my phone into the USB it reads the blackberry and pulls everything up- however IT WILL NOT CHARGE!!! I have to take the battery out and put it in another blackberry for it to charge- I can't keep riding down the road to put my battery in my brothers Blackberry so it will be charged- any ideas anyone?

My thoughts were that it could be possible that somehow the USB port is not reading to the phone..but idk, anyone else having these problems?
    01-20-09 10:36 PM
    Try another USB cord, the one you are using sounds defective.
    01-20-09 10:39 PM
    My phone will NOT NOT NOT charge- This is what happens:
    When I plug the charger into my phone the phone recognizes that it has been plugged into the charger- when I plug my phone into the USB it reads the blackberry and pulls everything up- however IT WILL NOT CHARGE!!! I have to take the battery out and put it in another blackberry for it to charge- I can't keep riding down the road to put my battery in my brothers Blackberry so it will be charged- any ideas anyone?

My thoughts were that it could be possible that somehow the USB port is not reading to the phone..but idk, anyone else having these problems?
    If your warranty is still active, I would exchange it. If you bought it new, the warranty is 1 year and if you bought a refurbed device then its 90 days.
    01-20-09 10:40 PM
    I would say that it sounds like a problem with the battery, but where you can get it to charge in another phone, it might have something to do with the charger itself. Have you tried it in a car charger? Have you tried plugging your whole phone/battery combo (while still all assembled together) into your brother's charger? If so, does it work?
    01-20-09 10:41 PM
    Also, you weren't clear in your post, does the phone charge using the wall charger or not?

Sounds like not by the fact you mentioned driving to your brother's house, but then you also said the phone recognizes the fact that the charger has been connected.
    01-20-09 10:42 PM
    I have plugged my phone into my computer to try and charge
    I have plugged my phone into a walla charger
    I have also plugged my phone into a pod
    None seems to charge it-
    The batter is FINE though because it WILL charge up in another blackberry phone
    01-20-09 11:10 PM
    I have plugged my phone into my computer to try and charge
    I have plugged my phone into a walla charger
    I have also plugged my phone into a pod
    None seems to charge it-
    The batter is FINE though because it WILL charge up in another blackberry phone
    What's a pod?

Nevermind, if your phone is less than a year old it is still under warranty. Get it replaced.
    01-20-09 11:46 PM
    Mine charges w the usb cable but not w anything else. Verizon tried to tell me I damaged (bent) the charging plug in the phone. I called bs and told them since it was only 20 days old they could damn well cough up a new phone. It will b here Thurs. I hope this is not going to b a (thing) w these.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 11:51 PM
    I have the same problem.

I purchased a Blackberry 8530 from someone on Craigslist. If I connect it by USB cable to a notebook computer, the computer sees the Blackberry and communicates with it fine through the cable. The Blackberry status icons indicate that the phone is charging. Regardless, the phone does not actually charge the battery, and if I try connecting the phone without a battery in it, the USB connection, alone, does not power the phone.

I connected the Blackberry to a car charger, and again, the status indicators on the screen showed that the phone was connected to its charger and indicated that the phone was charging the battery. Regardless, the phone did not charge the battery, and the phone cannot be powered on when connected to the car charger if the battery is removed.

The battery fully charges when it is put into a Blackberry 8310, and when the charged battery is placed in the 8530, the 8530 will function and accurately monitors the amount of charge in the battery.

I tried charging the 830's battery in the 8530, and it would not charge there. Afterward, the 8310 still re-charged that second battery just fine.

None of the leads in the battery compartment are blocked, bent or otherwise disconnected. None of the leads on the battery are blocked or corroded.

There does not appear to be any damage to the micro-usb socket on the phone. There does not appear to be any damage to the sockets on the charger or the usb cable connected to the computer.

The phone was fully reset, and with a fully-charged battery in it, I was able to use the desktop software to update the phone's operating system and applications, so nothing is old, corrupt or non-standard.

What would cause the phone to not charge the battery?
    08-01-10 06:09 PM
    Again, if you are within warranty get it exchanged for another phone.
    08-01-10 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD