I woke up this morning and my phone was going crazy. It was changing through the apps, clicking on links and cycling through my profiles... I called U.S. Cellular and they said it has a virus... Phone won't le me backup.. They tried having me download new software but it is not working.... Guess I am getting a refurbished Blackberry... Has anyone else had this happen???
    07-02-09 08:58 AM
    Mo-Mo's at US Cellular don't know what they're talking about, there are no viruses for blackberries. Sounds like heat/water damage.
    07-02-09 09:02 AM
    Except for the fact that I don't let her sunbathe or take a bath And she is only a month old.. lol...
    07-02-09 09:05 AM
    you'd be surprised at where you might get water in it because I had mine in my jeans pocket in TN a few weeks ago and it was effin hot. Pulled the phone out of my pocket and it had water droplets from sweat I'm guessing on it.
    07-02-09 09:09 AM
    What apps do you have installed
    07-02-09 09:09 AM
    you'd be surprised at where you might get water in it because I had mine in my jeans pocket in TN a few weeks ago and it was effin hot. Pulled the phone out of my pocket and it had water droplets from sweat I'm guessing on it.
    The heat down here sucks a fat one! But even if you take it in the bathroom while you shower, if it steams up enough over time I'm sure it could cauase problems
    07-02-09 09:10 AM
    You COULD have the first known virus of any Blackberry in history or...it's a hardware issue.
    07-02-09 09:12 AM
    That sounds like what my curve did when it had water damage...
    07-02-09 09:12 AM
    Yea same here last week working in the midwest heat. It was my fault but talked on the phone while sweating for like 5 minutes and the next time I went to use it nothing so it doesn't take much water and heat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 09:14 AM
    ya I try not to talk on mine while i'm sweating but sometimes you just have to lol I always try to keep wiping it off and then listen some more but I think I might start carrying around my bluetooth during the summer now too. I don't need sand in mine along with sweat and water. Oh, the trials and tribulations of living near beaches
    07-02-09 09:19 AM
    I tried to tell her that I didn't think it could get a virus, but she said she seen it all the time.... Guess ill just get the other phone and tell this one goodbye.... We spent two hours trying to install new software and no luck...

07-02-09 09:19 AM
    There was another post a couple days ago with a curve doing the same thing. The guy was wondering if he was being hacked. Speaking of heat, here in Arizona its about 100 degrees at 9 in the morning so by the end of the day its 115!

07-02-09 09:23 AM
    I remember reading that.... I just know its frustrating cuz nothing would back up... I just got the phone and have not backed it up yet.. And it gets halfway through and says unable to back up... And I'm in illinois and its like 70 today which is cool for us.

07-02-09 09:27 AM
    what version of the desktop manager are you using
    07-02-09 09:27 AM
    Its 4.5 I believe. I had to uninstall it and then reinstall it, download the software to run, and then just save it to a file... The software is on my laptop, but won't pull up in desktop manager... It shows current apps but says no apps available to be loaded.. We did this for two hours!!

07-02-09 09:32 AM
    Did you download the software from us cellular or was it from another carrier
    07-02-09 09:38 AM
    Try taking the back off and the battery out of your phone. Put it all in a bowl of uncooked rice for a day or so.

The rice will help absorb the water from your BB. Can't guarantee it will help but it sure can't hurt.

Or you could try antibiotics
    07-02-09 09:39 AM
    Here is what we did for my phone.. It started yesterday when the battery was draining rapidly. They told me to take it into the store and swap.. I did this.. Worked okay until this morning.. LOL.. I went to the US Cellular website and downloaded the phone software.. she had me run the install, but nothing pulled up in device manager.. and then I redownloaded it and saved into a folder.. Still nothing showing up in device manager.. And then she had me uninstall device manager and reinstall it and start all over again... I pulled the battery out myself even though she said it did not matter.. It is calming down a little bit.. I am just frustrated because we worked on the phone for two hours straight.. and still nothing... My poor phone..
    07-02-09 09:57 AM
    You COULD have the first known virus of any Blackberry in history or...it's a hardware issue.
    Sounds like a challenge...
    07-02-09 10:48 AM
    Very interesting case. Do you have insurance on it? Try getting it replaced if all else fails.
    07-02-09 12:14 PM
    I listen to Pandora while in the shower..my showers are super hot..I never thought about the steam..looks like no more music in the shower.
    07-02-09 12:22 PM
    Another thing to be cautious of, is wearing your phone clipped to your pants while walking out in the rain (even if you have an umbrella over your head, that does nothing for our precious Blackberry that's down there by its lonesome!)

Just a heads up to everyone!!!
    07-02-09 12:45 PM
    have you tried doing a hard reset or wipe and letting it start over from scratch.
    07-02-09 01:21 PM
    Sounds like a challenge...
    It is a challenge. A challenge to tech support everywhere to get adequate training in order to avoid giving out such information.
    07-02-09 02:07 PM
    I'm just gonna get my new one tomorrow...they shipped it overnight...the phone probably has a software issue...lol...she said I had corrupted my blackberry. ;( ill just be more careful with the new....thanks for all the ideas... I really thought I had messed up by addin apps or something

07-02-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD