Hi guys, I admit I do not own a blackberry, this question is actually for something I was trying to figure out for my girlfriend who has a curve, Im afraid I dont know what model I just know a curve.

Anyway is there any way to consolidate the SMS she receives into a chat format a la iPhone (yes I do happen to have one why do you ask? :P ), it drives me nuts that she has a new entry for every new sms even if its in the same conversation.

I thought I had seen it before but I could be wrong.

Thank you for your help.

*Edit

I searched the forums but couldnt find anything that matched exactly what I was looking for...if im wrong please just post me the link and ill be on my way and I apologize for not seeing it for the first time.
    Last edited by iNoodles; 10-12-09 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
    10-12-09 11:44 PM
    if she has an 8330, thats 8330 only, not 8330m, then she can load OS 5.0 on it and it comes with threaded SMS. otherwise, maybe a 3rd party app or something.
    10-13-09 12:05 AM
    Yea, OS 5.0 does provide the threaded SMS you are looking for. Why does it bug you though? reading through her text
    10-13-09 12:29 AM
    I guess I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say.

When you open the message, it should show you the last so many texts (per your preference), from the start of that "conversation". So if you go to "new SMS" every time, it will always start over.

Otherwise, in the inbox screen or when viewing the message, just hit "r" to reply.

Though, like someone else said, there's no way other than 3rd party apps or 5.0 to get true threaded messages.
    10-13-09 12:45 AM
    if she has an 8330, thats 8330 only, not 8330m, ....
    Go to options, and about. this will show you the model number.
    OS 5.0 is not compatible with the 8330m, so be sure to verify it before you try it!
    10-13-09 04:40 AM
    Simple answer.. no, her curve does not have threaded SMS.
    10-13-09 08:39 AM

When you open the message, it should show you the last so many texts (per your preference), from the start of that "conversation". So if you go to "new SMS" every time, it will always start over.

Otherwise, in the inbox screen or when viewing the message, just hit "r" to reply.

Though, like someone else said, there's no way other than 3rd party apps or 5.0 to get true threaded messages.
    That's threaded SMS...only with OS of 5.0+ do you get the threaded SMS. I have an 8330m and unable to do the 5.0 upgrade, so I use Empower's SMSViewer app for threaded instead. Just what we have to live with.
    10-13-09 09:52 AM
    Simple answer.. no, her curve does not have threaded SMS.
    I love your simple answers, Rach.
    10-13-09 09:52 AM

WOW, after almost a year, I am STILL hitting menu, reply to reply to my SMS...I am so glad that I can now just hit *R* instead. LOL
    10-13-09 01:18 PM
    Does 5.0 allow you to back-up the threaded SMS message? I currently use BBText2IM and it allows you to e-mail the threaded SMS message.
    10-13-09 01:35 PM
    I love your simple answers, Rach.

Right to the point LOL I dont see why their are people suggesting upgrading, he doesnt have a BB, he was askin on behalf of his GF.. its not his BB, we dont know she wants to upgrade, its a beta and most are finicky about that, and I answered LOL
    10-13-09 03:21 PM
    Really because I have a 8330m and I have threaded sms, I have loaded the .169 OS and it also gave me the HTML email option. I had to load the .169 for the 8330m version though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 03:50 PM
    Thats not threading, thats showing history when opening the latest. Proper threading scrolls down and refreshes, and will have one thread per number/contact.
    10-13-09 03:52 PM
    WOW, after almost a year, I am STILL hitting menu, reply to reply to my SMS...I am so glad that I can now just hit *R* instead. LOL
    not to sound like a ****** but read your manual. there are tons of shortcuts in there

"f" for forward
    "l" for reply all to emails
    "n" next msg
    "p" previous msg

etc..
    10-13-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD