I used to wake up in the morning, take my shower, have breakfast then read the paper for a few minutes before going to work. The drive to work with the radio on was never that bad, I go the opposite way of traffic. At work I would settle down and get started checking my messages, calling clients back, some "water cooler" talk with my buddies. Then I'd grab a bite to eat and usually get back to it right after. When I'd get home, I'd call my girlfriend, maybe go see her, or if it's a Friday or Sunday I'd go play hockey, home by midnight, in bed and fast asleep.

My life as of two weeks ago when I got my first BB (Curve)....

Wake up and check my email on my BB. Then check the news on my BB. Get halfway to the shower and turn back to check my MSN on my BB.

By the time I'm done my shower and checked my email again I have no time for breakfast. I get in the car and speed through traffic hoping my BB doesn't vibrate because I'll check it while driving and almost kill everybody else on the road.

Get to work and chat on MSN on my BB for what turns into a couple hours and then go to lunch. At lunch I eat with one hand while maybe playing a game of BrickBreaker with the other, while the 2 year old at the table next to me starts to cry when I lose and start cursing.

I get back to work in time to call a few clients back (which I now do from my BB), and then start chatting with my BB friends on Blackberry messenger.

When I get home, well that is always crackberry.com time. Look through some posts, maybe post something (like this) and go through the CB store and check out the 8GB memory card that I want to buy or the absolutely amazing app that turns my BB into a flashlight!!

I then watch a little TV with my BB close by so I can be ready to pounce as soon as an email, SMS, MSN or BB messenger message comes up.

I then fall asleep and start all over again in the morning.

Notice two things were missing after getting my BB. My girlfriend and hockey.

Well, my girlfriend is starting to come around as long as I let her play with my BB every now and then, and when it comes to hockey, do you have any idea how hard it is to stand in net (goalie) with your stick in one hand and your BB in the other?

So I guess my question (as a newbie who's more then addicted) to all the BB users out there would have to be......

Do you know of any good apps I can I add to my BB to add to my new routine?
    Last edited by cheers1981; 12-24-08 at 10:39 AM.
    07-17-08 10:43 PM
    Check the sig.

Welcome!
    07-17-08 10:45 PM
    Wow, that is great. Thanks!! There's enough apps in there to get my fired, dumped by the gf and kicked off my hockey team!!
    07-17-08 10:48 PM
    Hahhaa!!! That's great! Try twitter... U'll be even more addicted with that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 10:49 PM
    Mobile Websites - Cantoni.mobi.

07-17-08 10:51 PM
    Cheers, addiction IMO is a state of mind.

Prior to getting the Curve, it seems that everything in your world was stable. Considering it's just a *phone*, you mean to say that you now allow a phone to turn your life upside down?
    07-17-08 10:53 PM
    I used to wake up in the morning, take my shower, have breakfast then read the paper for a few minutes before going to work. The drive to work with the radio on was never that bad, I go the opposite way of traffic. At work I would settle down and get started checking my messages, calling clients back, some "water cooler" talk with my buddies. Then I'd grab a bite to eat and usually get back to it right after. When I'd get home, I'd call my girlfriend, maybe go see her, or if it's a Friday or Sunday I'd go play hockey, home by midnight, in bed and fast asleep.

My life as of two weeks ago when I got my first BB (Curve)....

Wake up and check my email on my BB. Then check the news on my BB. Get halfway to the shower and turn back to check my MSN on my BB.

By the time I'm done my shower and checked my email again I have no time for breakfast. I get in the car and speed through traffic hoping my BB doesn't vibrate because I'll check it while driving and almost kill everybody else on the road.

Get to work and chat on MSN on my BB for what turns into a couple hours and then go to lunch. At lunch I eat with one hand while maybe playing a game of BrickBreaker with the other, while the 2 year old at the table next to me starts to cry when I lose and start cursing.

I get back to work in time to call a few clients back (which I now do from my BB), and then start chatting with my BB friends on Blackberry messenger.

When I get home, well that is always crackberry.com time. Look through some posts, maybe post something (like this) and go through the CB store and check out the 8GB memory card that I want to buy.

I then watch a little TV with my BB close by so I can be ready to pounce as soon as soon as an email, SMS or BB messenger message comes up.

I then fall asleep and start all over again in the morning.

Notice two things were missing after getting my BB. My girlfriend and hockey.

Well, my girlfriend is starting to come around as long as I let her play with my BB (supervised of course), and when it comes to hockey, do you have any idea how hard it is to stand in net (goalie) with your stick in one hand and your BB in the other.

So I guess my question (as a newbie who's more then addicted) to all the BB users out there would have to be......

Do you know of any good apps I can I add to my BB to add to my new routine?
    I LOVED YOUR POST!!!!! You rock! Congrats on becoming a Blackberry addict!!!!!!
    07-17-08 10:54 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-17-08 10:55 PM
    Cheers, addiction IMO is a state of mind.

Prior to getting the Curve, it seems that everything in your world was stable. Considering it's just a *phone*, you mean to say that you now allow a phone to turn your life upside down?
    Obviously I’m over exaggerating just a wee bit. Just trying to make the point that I love my BB. I don’t actually take it out on the ice at hockey, or let it get in the way of work and girlfriend.... oh, and I've never made a two year old cry either!! lol
    Last edited by cheers1981; 07-17-08 at 11:07 PM.
    07-17-08 10:57 PM
    So this what I have to look forward to next month when I get my first BB, right?
    07-17-08 10:58 PM
    while the 2 year old at the table next to me starts to cry when I lose and start cursing.
    LMAO!
    07-17-08 11:00 PM
    Embrace the addiction
    07-17-08 11:03 PM
    while the 2 year old at the table next to me starts to cry when I lose and start cursing.
    Yup, very true words.

And then try to explain that you're cursing your phone out cause you just lost your last life cause the game clipped or the paddle jumped when it shouldn't have because your BB was transferring data. Grrrrrr. LoL
    07-17-08 11:07 PM
    You are finally living the Real American Dream ! BB FTW!
    07-17-08 11:19 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. Face book and twitter are my biggest weakness. You should really try them. Oh yeah the crackberry launcher to

07-17-08 11:23 PM
    Excellent thread. Great read!
    07-17-08 11:31 PM
    Have fun with your BB. I am not as obsessed as you are. When I am with my BF he is my complete focus, and my phone is off and tucked away in my purse.

07-18-08 12:00 AM
    I'm not that obsessed. Just trying to make a good point and hopefully tell an entertaining story.
    07-18-08 12:11 AM
    I think the humour of your story is lost on a few people..

Anyhow, very entertaining. Oh and welcome to CB!

07-18-08 01:35 AM
    I always thought it was silly hearing people refer to the BB as a CrackBerry, but now that I have one, I still think it's silly because I now know it to be an understatement! Right now I should be sleeping, but I'm trolling through the forums because I can! I still have to try quite hard to not use my BB while driving. It's something I'm really against and know I shouldn't do, but it just comes naturally!

07-18-08 01:59 AM
    Great post! Got my day started off right reading that one.
    07-18-08 07:37 AM
    I too, have become entranced by the BB phenomenon...who knew?

The purchase of my BB 8330 prompted a host of reactions, most of which are good, but then...

I also had to have the 8gig chip, and I'm looking for the toys and widgets that will only serve to put the sizzle to the steak.

I needed a bluetooth respective of the significance of the BB, so introduce the Jawbone 2, which works very well w/ the BB.

Anyone who knows of an "I can't live without it" programs, feel free to share.

Thanks!

-They
    Last edited by they1; 07-20-08 at 04:17 PM.
    07-20-08 04:14 PM
    you are MY HERO!!!
    07-20-08 04:18 PM
    I am already hooked on this BB stuff and i don't get my Curve till tuesday......YIKES
    07-20-08 04:26 PM
    I am already hooked on this BB stuff and i don't get my Curve till tuesday......YIKES
    I was the same way before I got my Pearl; not any more though.
    07-20-08 04:34 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD