I got a new phone (the iPhone), and I gave my friend my Curve 8310. The OS is 4.5, and it worked just fine for me when I gave it to her.

Now she's having all kinds of issues with it. She will be on the internet for 10 minutes or so and the phone will completely restart. She said it's happened a few times today. She just informed me that it also does this when taking a picture.

What could be the cause of this? The only thing that I know she's put on the phone is Twitterberry and a few themes. Could that be the cause? Or should she just get a new battery (lol)?

Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Last edited by sommerface; 02-19-09 at 01:49 PM.
    02-19-09 01:44 PM
    Before somebody else says it, try a battery pull. Secondly, when troubleshooting anything you should undo any changes you've made to the device right before the issues started. Remove any themes and the twitter app since you had no problem with the phone when you used it and she has since you gave it to her. If she's still having issues you can wipe the device and reinstall the OS cleanly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:49 PM
    Has she done a battery pull? That might resolve it.... Its possible it is the battery or low memory (many themes, apps, texts or pictures/ringtones w/no media card as well as other things...

I would also check options>Status to see what the free file memory is, if its low it will do this sometimes..... let us know.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-19-09 at 01:52 PM.
    02-19-09 01:49 PM
    I should have posted that she did do a battery pull. I told her to do that right away.

Thanks for the answers about the memory! I didn't even think about that.

I need to look at her phone b/c I think she has too themes on there even though I've told her many times that she needs to only have 1 or 2 themes tops.
    02-19-09 01:55 PM
    I would look into that though it could still be a battery issue. If her file free memory is below 12ish then you should make some room.
    02-19-09 01:58 PM
    Her file memory was super low. She had 7 themes installed! I chided her for that.

The battery also needs to be replaced. I'm hoping that those two things will fix it. So far it's been working better.
    02-20-09 09:59 AM
    Her file memory was super low. She had 7 themes installed! I chided her for that.

The battery also needs to be replaced. I'm hoping that those two things will fix it. So far it's been working better.
    In my experience home made themes can wreak havoc with these devices. Not to mention 7 yikes! The new battery is never a bad idea.
    02-20-09 10:13 AM
    Weird, I've had way more than 7 themes installed, and a plethora of apps, and I've never fallen below 18... perhaps there is something else eating her memory as well, check her messages and apps as well.
    02-20-09 10:16 AM
    Thanks, Dr.Sadistic.

She got a new battery last night, and so far so good. *fingers crossed*
    02-25-09 06:52 PM
    Weird, I've had way more than 7 themes installed, and a plethora of apps, and I've never fallen below 18... perhaps there is something else eating her memory as well, check her messages and apps as well.
    Your phone has 30+ mb more of memory out of the box than the OPs. 7 themes for you is nothing
    02-25-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD