OK, I tried out a blackberry 8310 in the store, with the signal on, and wow! am I impressed. My only decision is about the color now. As a man, of course I'm safe with the standby titanium/grey color. However, I LOVE the red!

My only concern is that as an adult man well over the age of 30 (gasp!), some people might see lipstick red as an adolescent girl's color. Any middle aged businessmen who love the 8310's functionality get away with the red? Or, do you get snide comments?!?
    05-01-08 06:43 PM
    I picked the titanium after a few minutes of pondering about it. It's a nice gunmetal color actually...
    05-01-08 06:51 PM
    Red is definately not a "girly" color. On the other hand if you work in a company/firm where majority of BBs are the 8800 series which are black then you will definately stand out. At my workplace we all carry the 8830 and i think it would look odd if anybody men or women pulled out a red curve"espcially in meetings" You know how it is in the "corporate" work environment, suits and ties anything else is less than professional. All the power to you if you go with the red, I just don't think it suits our type of work environment, plus unless you get your bb hooked up to your companies enterprise network, how will you even have time to play with your curve, I never have time for mine as the work issued BB has never ending emails.
    05-01-08 07:10 PM
    Or... get Gold. People react like it a real bar of Gold when then see it.... mine, get your own.

On the positive side, Red indicates a social conscience. Part of the proceeds are donated to charity, AIDS in Africa is a worthy cause.
    05-01-08 07:13 PM
    I am just over 30 and i got the red one. its more like crimson red (a lil darker) and i like it. Stands out more. its different.
    05-01-08 07:16 PM
    I would call it crimson too (I'm a coug so I like the thought of anything crimson). Granted I'm not over 30 but I think the fact that it's a BB makes it professional enough. It's not some crazy color like highlighter yellow or something ridiculous so I think you would stand out just enough for people to be like "thats cool" but not think it's childish or girly. Also I like the red better b/c the keyboard isn't as blinding at night. As you see the keys are black w/ lit letters and not the other way around. Be the sore thumb!!
    05-01-08 07:30 PM
    43 year old, crimson 8310 Curve owner here. Love it. Not girly at all.
    05-01-08 07:33 PM
    I started out with the crimson red 8310 trying to push myself out of my comfort zone of all black gadgets! Within a week I was hating it! I couldn't accessorize it with anything! Drove me nuts. They let me exchange it for the titanium and I'm in love!
    05-01-08 08:17 PM
    Funny, my brother is about 2 yrs older than me and liked and got the red. (We're both in our early 40's.) I *much* preferred the titanium, got it, and told him I thought the red was way to effeminate and adolescent. Of course we tease each other non-stop, so it wasn't a "mean" thing.

That said, I HATE the red...that's just a personal pref thing, though. No offense if you do like it.
    05-01-08 09:32 PM
    I am a woman, so I don't know if my opinion matters, but I would love to have the Crimson! I hate the titanium, but have a 8320 so could not get the red. The sales guy talked me out of the gold, said I would notice when it got nicked or stratched. Anywho, do not care what anyone thinks about red! If you love it, do it! You only go around once!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 09:42 PM
    I love the red! Oh but wait...I'm a woman...lol.
    Don't they have the blue too?
    You know this is similar to is it ok for a man to wear a pink shirt. I think it's super sexy so why not a red/crimson phone. It's not like it's bubblegum pink.

And concerning the corporate image, when the company buys your phone then they can dictate what color phone you should get. Other than that it's your choice. Being the kind of person that I am I'd go with the total opposite

I do not like the Gold Curve...not gold enough and it looks more like a mustard yellow...it's too...demured.

05-01-08 09:48 PM
    I want the gold but doesn't AT&T offer that color. I wish they did though
    05-01-08 11:08 PM
    I got the titanium 8310 for that reason... Now I have a red one and it's awesome. Great color and matches with my red Pearl.

I see t-mobile as your carrier and if you plan on purchasing through t-mobile (not unlocked), your only choice would be Titanium or Gold (Gold is fugly) T-mobile has the red (ruby) in the Pearl series though.
    05-01-08 11:13 PM
    The "Candy Apple Red" was the first one i saw - very eye-catching! I ended up going with the Titanium - LOVE IT!

I wonder if BB or some other 3rd party is thinking about offering just these hard plastic cases so that we can switch them out on our own regardless who your provider is...
    05-01-08 11:45 PM
    evesadam...who cares what anyone thinks about what color bb you carry..be yourself and choose the one you want...
    05-02-08 01:38 AM
    I've got the red 8310, work in a corporate environment, and everyone tells me they love my BlackBerry.....I love it as well, if you don't like the red, then don't get it. BUT, if your trying to decide between the two, go with the red, its more original, AND the black keyboard kicks a$$!!!!!!

05-02-08 01:41 AM
    31 male here with Crimson
    05-02-08 01:43 AM
    Get the one you want, in my opinion. I don't have a Curve, and I'm a girl lol, but I had the choice between the Amethyst and Ruby for the Pearl, and went with Amethyst - the purple to me looked better with the silver accents on the side runners, I loved the sort of heather grey/purple of the shade, and EVERYONE was choosing the red. So far all I have seen is the red one, while I am the lone purple so I stand out some.
    05-02-08 01:50 AM
    I'm 62 and I had a Titanium 8310 but sold it this week cuz sum1 gave me a very good price for it. I now have a red one (AT&T calls it crimson) currently winging its way to me from California.

I tried to find that pale gold one but nobody seemed to have one. Maybe I'll buy a case later on.
    05-02-08 02:51 AM
    Male 32 here and have a crimson curve...Give a damn to what people think and go with the colour you like...Must admit that Red looks great and I keep receiving compliments due to my phone....
    05-02-08 03:23 AM
    Get GOLD!!!!!!!!
    05-02-08 06:10 AM
    Its a nice red more like crimson. I would just go with whichever color you prefer. I got the titanium because. Its the closest to black I could get. Aren't you already past the age where you still cared about what other people thought anyway? Lol

05-02-08 06:35 AM
    I'll be perfectly honest...I don't like either one.
    The color choices(or lack thereof), was what made me NOT take AT&T up on their offer of adding a line to my account with a Curve. I think it's a darn cool piece of tech, but I am just not a fan of red at all and "titanium" just comes off as gray and boring to me..
    When they come out with a black one, I'll get it.
    05-02-08 06:44 AM
    I'm a straight man with a red 8310, and I made the right call!

05-02-08 08:12 AM
    i have the red curve

i like it but the only thing i dont like about it is that some of the colored skins look funny looking w/ the color..

so if you like colored skins the silver would be good
    but like i said i have the red curve w/ a black skin (looks good in the clear skin as well!)

i guess different people have different preferences so go with whatever you like! just giving my opinion
    05-02-08 08:25 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD