Hey guys,

Since the past couple of weeks, I havent been receiving some SMS texts even though the sender has sent it and it shows on their phone that the message is sent. I have even used one mf my buddies phone and sent a txt to my phone and the txt never came. Therefore, I want to know if this is a problem with my 8330 curve or a problem with my cellular network (Bell Mobility) and what could be the best solution to get this fixed. Thanks!
    11-06-09 11:56 PM
    I'd guess it was a carrier issue, but might be difficult to fully diagnose without more info.

As an example, I'm still trying to figure out this particular issue. I have 100 contacts, and I have no problem receiving sms from any of them; however, I am unable to send sms to 1 particular contact, it always comes back with an error msg. But, if I send to her using mms, the text gets to her just fine. I've narrowed it down to an issue with her carrier, as there is no other explanation that can be found...

So, again, I'd guess carrier issue.
    11-07-09 07:32 AM
    Wow thats ridiculous. But my other friends (who dont own a blackberry but are on the same network as me) dont experience this or even if they have, it is very rare.

Its getting to a point where I have to just call the person instead of texting and hence going over my limited voice plan minutes
    11-07-09 10:20 AM
    SMS issues are almost always carrier issues rather than device issues.
    11-07-09 10:21 AM
    So then should I just talk to my carrier and let them know about this? Because I am pretty sure they will be like "We cant do anything about it."
    11-07-09 10:25 AM
    SMS issues are almost always carrier issues rather than device issues.
    I have to agree.

When and if you call your carrier to complain, they will go on about it is not your phone's fault, it is the other carrier. Guaranteed.

They will also say how sorry they are, and that they can't fix other carrier problems.

I guess your gonna be calling your friend. What about emails to your friend? Do they go thru?
    11-07-09 11:10 AM
    Options>Security Options>Firewall>Under Block Incoming Messages, check and see if SMS is checked and if there are any blocked SMS'.
    11-07-09 11:39 AM
    Options>Security Options>Firewall>Under Block Incoming Messages, check and see if SMS is checked and if there are any blocked SMS'.
    I have nothing blocked AND my firewall is disabled
    11-07-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD