I'm new here, and this is my first post. I am now eligible for an upgrade. I was all ready to go to a 8330, until I saw the new Palm pre. Now I can't decide which one to go with. Any thoughts?
    02-26-09 03:00 PM
    well i was waiting for the pre and it looks hot... but considering it will just be coming out i'm sure there will b bugs and glitches... the curve has been around for a lil bit so i just went ahead and settled on the curve.
    02-26-09 03:37 PM
    well i was waiting for the pre and it looks hot... but considering it will just be coming out i'm sure there will b bugs and glitches... the curve has been around for a lil bit so i just went ahead and settled on the curve.
    How do you like the curve so far? What kind of phone did you switch from?
    02-26-09 04:22 PM
    Only suggestion I have is to play with them. If you like blackberry phones drop in the store and play with them. See if they fit your lifestyle. Do they have most of what your looking for? Are you really into multimedia etc? More into email or SMS? I have never tried a palm so I am clueless on how to compare the two to see if they are similar to what you are on now. Best of luck..

For instance I wanted a Storm badly. I went to the local shop and after two minutes of toying with it I could never own it. I settled on the Curve and I am happy so far, it does what I need.
    02-26-09 04:24 PM
    i feel the same. any new phone has alot of glitches.

i myself switched from a palm 755p to a palm 800w to a curve and i dont even look back.

i see you have the centro and i am sure you will love the curve.

BB is in a wole different ball park (for now) than palm.
    02-26-09 04:24 PM
    8330 all the way
    02-26-09 04:25 PM
    Do you want the phone today or 8-9 months? The Pre is a brand new phone, with a new OS. The Curve is a great phone, supposedly Sprint has fixed the MMS issue. If you go VZW, the GPS only works with VZ Navigator (for 10 per month) or BBerry Maps (free.)

Google maps uses triangulation to approximate a location. That location is usually close enough.

The Curve already has applications, which the pre may or may not get (why waste development time on a phone that is only on sprint?). The Curve is stable, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:15 PM
    I doubt we will see a Pre at Sprint anytime soon!
    02-26-09 05:17 PM
    if i had sprint, i'd wait for the pre. that phone looks sexy! but be prepared to wait...
    02-26-09 06:55 PM
    I doubt we will see a Pre at Sprint anytime soon!
    if i had sprint, i'd wait for the pre. that phone looks sexy! but be prepared to wait...
    i honestly dont think tey will have to wait too long.
    sprint lost 1.3 million customers in q3 alone. i think they would want to release this by march (end of q1) to help make up for lost customers and to have good reviews and a solid os by christmas time.

but like everybody says only time will tell
    02-26-09 07:08 PM
    My biggest two concerns are that when the pre launches it will be a brand new os, and may have problems as well as not much support. The other being that it may not come out for a while. I can now get an upgrade every year. If I buy the BB now, and the pre comes out in june I'll only be 8 months away from another upgrade. By then maybe the kinks will be worked out, and maybr the price will be lower.
    02-26-09 07:10 PM
    I'm new here, and this is my first post. I am now eligible for an upgrade. I was all ready to go to a 8330, until I saw the new Palm pre. Now I can't decide which one to go with. Any thoughts?
    I have a Curve and a 800wx. I like the 800wx better for a few reasons. I do not like the ball on the BB, which has a problem of breaking. At sprint they want $119 to fix it without a warrenty. That is crazy. Even with the insurance they want $50 to fix it. As for the Pre I would wait and see how it goes. But it looks COOL.
    02-26-09 08:16 PM
    I had a Palm Treo. Best calender function and the threaded SMS was the best ever saw but the phone broke 3 times in 4 months. Went to the Berry and really like it. No regrets

02-26-09 09:40 PM
    As a looooong time Palm user I was holding out for something to replace my 700P.

Pre..... only on Sprint (I'm on Verizon family plan), new OS which is bound to take a while to shake out, no legacy Palm app support, long time to wait for 3rd party software....

Got the Curve in January and haven't looked back.
    02-26-09 11:19 PM
    the curve is where it's at!!!!
    02-26-09 11:31 PM
    Does bb have threaded SMS?

02-26-09 11:33 PM
    I'm going to get the Pre when its released. My BB will still going to be my number one, but the Pre is going to be a new toy.
    02-27-09 12:12 AM
    Does bb have threaded SMS?

No, it does not.

02-27-09 12:44 AM
    How's the web browsing on the BB? Also is it hard to get used to the trackball? I want to play with one, but all the stores near me seem to only have dummy phones on display.
    02-27-09 01:58 PM
    I like the web browsing, using shortcuts to page up and down, bookmarks and such, and the Trackball works really well I think, it brings up a mouse cursor thing allowing you to point and click links and such, I really like it. Of course, I've never had a Palm device and my curve is my first venture into the smartphone world, but unless RIM does something really stupid, they will have a BB customer for life with me!

Pre does look interesting though... but I don't really care for the design, maybe I have to see one though... that and i'm not a big touchscreen guy.
    02-27-09 02:06 PM
    How do you like the curve so far? What kind of phone did you switch from?
    I love it... I had the bb 8703e... switched to the treo 755p and now i have the 8330... i love my curve... the battery life is much better than the treo and i love the push email feature... however, i tried to dye my trackball after having my curve for 2 days... i got the ball dyed but broke the assembly... so i'm using my treo until i get replacement trackballs in the mail.
    02-27-09 03:12 PM
    I found a store sort of near here that has one I can play with. I'll be going to check it out after work. No one seems to know when the pre is coming out, plus I imagine it will be buggy/expensive at first. I'll be able to get another upgrade in a year, maybe I'll hold off on the pre, as cool as it looks.
    02-27-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD