hi if someone can hep me that would be great. my phone is giving me trouble the pin on it for blackberry messenger isnt working ive tried it from many of my friends blackberry's and it wont work i would love if someone can help me plua it has been giving me lots of troubles other than the pin not working.

Thx cam8310
    03-30-10 04:37 PM
    Has it worked before? Do you have the newest version of BBM for your device? Have you tried re-sending your service books by logging into your BIS account?
    03-30-10 04:51 PM
    do you have a blackberry data plan?
    03-30-10 05:55 PM
    Try adding with email instead of pin...
    03-30-10 05:55 PM
    um no it hasnt and i have all the latest updates for everything on it it just wont register other pins and sent the friend request message and i dont have a BIS account.
    03-31-10 03:37 PM
    and no i dont have a data plan and i know that u can use blackberry messenger without it tho.
    03-31-10 03:38 PM
    A data plan is required for BBM to work. I'm not sure how you know it will... BBM works by routing the message through RIM's servers, not over the mobile network. The only way for the message to go through RIM's servers is to have a Blackberry Data Plan.
    03-31-10 03:42 PM
    Yup, pretty sure you have to have BES activated and have an assigned Enterprise pin #. It wil be located in options/enterprise activation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 04:06 PM
    Huh? BES has nothing to do with it, that's for business devices. You just need a Blackberry Data Plan, no Enterprise is needed. BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) or BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) is what's needed. There's no need for an enterprise account though, BIS will work just fine.
    03-31-10 04:16 PM
    oh ok well one of my friends doesnt have a data plan and their internet works fine.
    04-01-10 03:50 PM
    Well, they have some other sort of plan where their carrier is allowing the internet access. But in order to have access to BlackBerry Data features, you must have a BlackBerry Data Plan or have a plan from your carrier that SPECIFICALLY says that it includes BBM. (I think Rogers or maybe Telus has a limited plan that includes BBM.)
    04-01-10 03:53 PM
    oh ok well one of my friends doesnt have a data plan and their internet works fine.
    Some Canadian carriers have plans that include email and messaging, but not internet.

In the US the carriers just offer a data plan (either BIS or BES) that includes all data. We do not have the option of only the email and messaging plan here.
    04-01-10 04:59 PM
    oh ok we then thats probably why then thx and does anybody know the reason y my blackberry will shut a randomly during the day then reboot or not reboot at all?
    04-02-10 06:43 AM
    Ridesno. All I know from my personal experience when I activated my BBM it asked for my pin # and it is listed in my enterprise activation folder in Advanced options. It wouldn't activate or even let me past the setup screen without it So huh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD