:mad

Ok, I would like to state for the record.. that I've POURED through this site. Tuesday after I picked up the phone during my lunch hour, I basically spent the rest of my work day between the cb & bb websites.

Unfortunately I still have a few questions/issues that I need assistance on. Either I didn't find an answer, or my eyes started watering & fogging up because there were so many "topics" on a subject, but none really answered my SPECIFIC questions. So here we go:

1. I originally linked my gmail account, then cancelled it after the emails (of which i get SOOO many), and the messages were in the same box. It drove me crazy. I then created my blackberry email account on the phone (not the site as suggested in the Blackberry 101 forum *see I did read!). AFTER THAT, I separated my emails from my messages. Issue 1: I have a folder for my blackberry email, messages (aka email), and then the sms/mms folder. Any emails sent to my blackberry email (which are few & far) go in both the blackberry & messages folder. HOW can I stop this??? Issue 2: Any sent/received messages show up in the same area in the sms/mms folder (basically right on top of each other). Is there anyway to change this; as in received in one folder & sent in another?

2. Since I "unveiled" che-che @ work... that's where the box, the dvd & the usb is. I know I need to bring it home so I can install the media manager on my computer to do all that "sync"ing stuff. Now I read in the forums about a newer OS (I currently have V4.22.170 on my curve). Issue 3: Is there a specific place the newes OS's are downloaded/uploaded to? As in do I receive notification from my carrier, or is it in the device manager thingy (yes.. thingy... sorry but again I'm on OVERLOAD!)?

3. Issue 4: THEMES... now I've created folders to hide the icons that I cannot delete (who needs all those "shops" any dang way???) & to also, condense things. Now if I changed my theme somewhere down the road (which I know I will... bc I'm an addict like that), will the folders I created stay as they were, or will I have to do the readjustments all over again??
    06-05-08 12:17 AM
    1) You can't, the mailbox exists for all messages whereas the specific folders exist per mail account. However, what you do to a message in one affects the other, so you can hide one and only pay attention to the other.

2) In your SMS folder go to Options -> General Options -> Hide Sent Messages and change it to yes. It will be in the "Sent Items" folder now.

3) Yes, check the stickies on the top of the forum

4) They should stay the same, though the icons may change.

Hope I helped
    06-05-08 12:30 AM
    Issue 1: Sign in to your BIS site, delete all of the email accounts, and then re-add them. This *may* resolve some of your sorting issues.

Issue 2: I'm not sure about seperating them, but you can hide your sent messeges by going to SMS/MMS>Menu>Options>General Options>Hide Sent Messeges>Yes.

Issue 3: You don't really need the disc at home, as you can download the newest Desktop Manager (4.3) online. To get the newest non-beta OS go to the following thread and follow the instructions implicitly:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...2-194-a-24857/

Issue 4: I'm not sure about transfering folders between themes since I never use folders. I do know that when you switch to a new theme for the first time, any icons hidden in previously used themes are no longer hidden. After you hide them, however, if you come back to that theme again in the future the icons are still hidden.
    Last edited by Kronk; 06-05-08 at 12:36 AM.
    06-05-08 12:33 AM
    1. Like CTenn said, you've done as much setup as you can. "Messages" is intended to be the unified inbox, so all messages (except those you exclude) should show up there. A possible workaround would be to de-unify Messages (by selecting the appropriate items under Messages > Options) and then hiding Messages. See previous posts re Sent.

2. Since you're an AT&T customer, you can go through AT&T's site (which will send you to RIM's site) for latest OS. Go to AT&T's /blackberrystart/ (apparently, the forums won't let me post the URL yet but if you do Google for att and blackberrystart, you'll be there in no time) and then click on "Download version 4.1 here" on the left and select your BlackBerry model.

3. Themes should respect your folders and hidden/shown applications BUT in my experience they do not or at least frequently forget between switching. This is especially annoying with some themes which will "forget" your setup after a restart. I have seen this with all theme-capable Blackberry OSs and along with you can only hope that it will be fixed soon. Meanwhile, be prepared to have your meticulous layout ruined, especially if AT&T ever asks you to restore to default settings and the junky AT&T theme.
    06-05-08 02:30 AM
    "Download version 4.1 here"
    4.1 is not the current OS. It comes loaded with 4.2.2.170, and you can upgrade to 4.2.2.194 or higher if you want to run a beta OS.
    06-05-08 03:08 AM
    What do u mean by "beta" OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 07:02 AM
    OS that has not been released and still in testing from RIM.
    06-05-08 07:39 AM
    What do u mean by "beta" OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What he means is that RIM has been working on new Operating Systems for the 8xxx and 9xxx series phones, well RIM placed the Oss for the 8xxx series phones up for download unofficially for a short period of time more than likely to get some free beta testing. There are a few bugs still in the OS and I would recommend you wait till it is released, just keep checking back with crack berry I�m sure it will be front page when the new OS finally is officially released.
    06-05-08 07:42 AM
    You should stick with the current os its safer that way, a lot of people will tell you that they had no problems, but i'll tell you this it fried my sim card after 3 days of using the latest os my phone started rejecting the sim card. so stay away from it.
    06-05-08 07:55 AM
    gratzi guys!!
    06-05-08 08:21 AM
    dumb question but were do you find your sent email folder if you have choosen to hide your sent messages?
    06-05-08 10:48 AM
    dumb question but were do you find your sent email folder if you have choosen to hide your sent messages?

HA! THIS I KNOW!
    If you go into the sms/mms folder, click the menu button, scroll down to view folder. There it lists all your folders...just scroll down to SMS Outbox
    06-05-08 12:37 PM
    Issue 3: Is there a specific place the newes OS's are downloaded/uploaded to? As in do I receive notification from my carrier, or is it in the device manager thingy...
    There is only one source of BlackBerry software, directly from BlackBerry. Your carrier will have a link you can follow or you can find it the site directly.

Leave the OS beta testing to the advance users, when BlackBerry is satisfied everything is working correctly, they will release it for all.

When it does release, you will hear about it here first.
    06-05-08 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD