Hey all,

I have a question which may be answered already but if not I hope this will shed some light.

When I first had my curve I never had the core applications showing in my desktop manager or the applications list. Ever since I upgraded it shows now all the time in the app loader and the applications list on the blackberry. Is there anyway to avoid that in the future?

This causes problems because it sometimes gives you the "no applications for this device" error message in the application loader and you can't uncheck it or remove the core applications from the list.

Any ideas?
    07-08-08 07:30 AM
    The core applications is the BB OS itself... so I am confused by your post.

This does not cause any errors in AppLoader at all... I have never had any issues Re-word your post and use different terminology to explain.

Also consider other options why you may be getting errors

Welcome to CB! Fill out your profile info so we know about your device and carrier!
    07-08-08 07:34 AM
    OK I am not sure why it is confusing but here is the problem:

I want to know why the CORE Applications shows in my Application List on my blackberry ever since I reloaded the OS. This wasn't the case when my curve came from the Manufacturer.

The second problem is how do you clear out the application list for applications that are not installed. Sometimes they stay in the application list on the application loaded and I can't delete them. When I try I get this error:

"No Additional applications designed for your device"

The only way to fix this is to reload the Desktop Manager. Is there a file on the computer that holds this information that can be deleted??
    07-08-08 07:40 AM
    when you first got it and hooked it up to your computer, desktop manager's application list was empty.

when you reloaded the OS, you had to install an OS into the desktop manager to reload... you cant reload nothing.

for items in the app list that have no checkmark next to them, they're not installed on your device.

the core apps represents the core OS that's installed on your device. if you wanna wipe that out, be my guest... but your handheld will be wiped out, obviously; it does prevent you from doing this, though.

try going into your program manager for your PC and uninstall the OS package and desktop manager in that order, then reinstall only the desktop manager. delete third party apps from your device before the next time you connect to desktop manager. basically start fresh.
    07-08-08 07:47 AM
    OK I am not sure why it is confusing but here is the problem:
    Okay... please do not be a smart@$$ with me. Thanks...

I know what I am talking about and I am trying to clarify so I can help you...

You are the one who seems to have no clue what you are doing

You got your Curve from TMobile... then did you load a new OS or reload the officially supported TMo OS 4.2.2.180??

The AppLoader lists the CORE files because that is the OS itself... the files needed to operate. AppLoader will also list all of your other apps... and you can add / remove... you should install OS 4.2.2.180 onto your PC from TMobile's website, it might help the problem.

Then DesktopManager and AppLoader have all of the OS files for your device
    07-08-08 07:47 AM
    I am not being smart with you. I am simply asking is there a way to install the blackberry OS on my curve like it was done via the manufacturer.

If you look at the applications list "ON" your blackberry brand new it doesn't list the Blackberry Core OS. When you do an upgrade or fresh install it lists it.

What is so complicated about that description?
    07-08-08 07:51 AM
    I was only clarifying to help, so there is no need to ask why it is so complicated, etc. The better we understand the issue... the better we can help. Not trying to be a d*ck and start crap!

Anyhow... to reload the official BB OS, go to TMobile's website and download OS 4.2.2.180 for your Curve 8320!

Install this onto your PC... then follow the TMobile instructions on how to reload the OS...

Or you can follow this general guidline :

1) Backup your device with DesktopManager
    2) Wipe your device
    3) Install the desired OS onto your PC
    4) Open Desktop Manager, Connect Berry... load the OS
    5) Restore from backup

Now you have a fresh install!
    07-08-08 07:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The answer to your question is quite simple.

Out of the box, the Applications Loader only reports the installed software.

When the OS has been loaded, it reads both the device and the loaded software, that is why you are seeing the core system components.

The only way to remove it is to uninstall the OS. That will return you to the original state.

...This causes problems because it sometimes gives you the "no applications for this device" error message in the application loader and you can't uncheck it or remove the core applications from the list.
    There is a little trick you can use to force the update. DOD Root Certificates is only 2 Kb. I treat it like a switch, enable it force an update or remove it to force the update.
    07-08-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD