uhhh... i have same problem..... i did my reaserch and found an app that helps u with that. I have a flip and it still dont work but this mite work for u......
    google "bb storage activation"..... if u cant find it... pm n i will upload it...
    05-09-09 04:09 PM
    I think that this is the problem I'm having. How would I REMAP the BB to an unused number?
    In XP, click on "Start", then RIGHT CLICK on "My computer", choose "Manage". you can then remap from there.
    05-09-09 06:29 PM
    Try a different USB port. There may be something wrong with the one you're using if it's an older computer as well. Or, your charging port could be a bit screwy, maybe missing a pin. I've had that 2 separate times, it was QUITE annoying.

Let us know if anything does work out, and what it was.
    05-09-09 08:55 PM
    Hi,

I have this problem.
    I have tried everything, restared bb while plugged in, restarted pc, removed pw from card, tried all usb ports.
    When I plug the device I do get a charging sign. What's wierd is that DTM does recognise my bb, however when I go to media manager I can't see no files.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    05-10-09 11:42 AM
    Hi,

I have this problem.
    I have tried everything, restared bb while plugged in, restarted pc, removed pw from card, tried all usb ports.
    When I plug the device I do get a charging sign. What's wierd is that DTM does recognise my bb, however when I go to media manager I can't see no files.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Skip media manager you will be much better off. If your computer recognizes your bb as a removable drive you can simply drag and drop files to and from it just like you would a flash drive...
    05-10-09 11:51 AM
    It would not be the first time a marginal cable caused these kind of problems.
    Try another cable, perhaps from a camera or something else. If you don't have one, borrow one.

Good Luck!
    05-10-09 02:20 PM
    Hiya and thanks for the replies.
    First, this is wierd, in my computer, bb doesn't show and I don't get the usual plug 'n play dialogue that I used to get. However, if I rightclick my computer, in device manager it's there with no yellow (!), also, when I open DTM, I can see that the port is recognized and it shows that bb is using it.
    Also, I have a nokia E90 and I have used the same cable that I tried with bb on the E90, external HD, Card reader, external DVD and they all work except bb, so I know there is something wrong with bb. I even unplugged the SD card and put it in E90 and it worked! is my bb haunted?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 03:13 PM
    I know it sounds rediculous. But I had all the problems mentioned in this thread. DM was not recognizing the blackberry for mass media or as a bb device. Meanwhile the BB was being charged.

I was using a cable from one of my other devices. I pulled out the cable that was in the box that came with the blackberry and voila, everything started working.

I recommend you switch cables.

--Les
    05-18-09 06:37 PM
    I have a slightly different problem..
    My BB 8310 charges with the charger, but my computer does not detect it.
    The cable is fine, cause it detects my BB 8830 properly and also others (freinds)

So,i am guess its something to do with the data port *** charging port.

Can an IT policy block the data port but allow charging?
    (i bought this from someone thru ebay.)

Any solution?
    It seems to be a hardware problem to me.
    07-31-09 03:18 AM
    Click on my signature which says "usb mass storage activation" the article will solve all your problems
    07-31-09 06:11 AM
    07-31-09 06:24 AM
    Has anyone tried that?
    08-01-09 01:53 AM
    Yesss!!!! It Works Perfectly!!!!!!

Thank You Very Much!!!!!!!!!!
    08-04-09 09:35 AM
    Good for you..
    08-05-09 01:34 AM
    Worked perfectly for me, as well! Thank you very much.
    08-05-09 10:40 AM
    Fantastic! That program worked perfect. Your a genious! Thanks a bunch!
    08-05-09 03:22 PM
    you're welcome
    08-05-09 03:24 PM
    Fantastic! That program worked perfect. Your a genious! Thanks a bunch!
    Glad to help others
    08-05-09 03:26 PM
    When I go to extract the file it asks for a password; what password does it want?
    08-06-09 02:30 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, there's a password written on the post page..
    08-06-09 10:11 AM
    Does this work on the Storm2?
    11-25-09 09:33 AM
    I had the same problem with my blackberry but at last i got only one choice to uninstall my blackberry os and reinstall it.
    It takes time but it really worked for me and i had no issues like that later.
    Hope this helps n!!!!
    03-11-13 10:12 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD