I'm having a problem with my pictures on my Curve. When I first started taking pictures I assumed (my mistake) that the pictures were automatically going on the media card. When apparently not. They're on my device memory. I'm trying to copy them to my computer but I can't find them when I connect my blackberry to my computer. I have it set up as mass storage but the pictures don't show up because they're not on the media card they're on the blackberry itself ( i think). So is there a way to move them to the media card from the blackberry's device memory then to the computer or is there a way to move them from the device memory to the computer? Thanks to all of you for all your help. I've learned a lot on this forum.
    I'm also having problems with the desktop software and the media manager. So I'm trying to download the software w/o the media manager and see what happens.
    Thanks again
    02-07-09 07:13 PM
    Yea the media manager causes all kinds of problems. Get desktop manager 4.5 or 4.6 without media manager and you should be ok. Now for the pictures. Go to media then hit the menu key and explore. Go to device memory and find your pics then hit menu key again and move option. Hope this helps.
    02-07-09 07:25 PM
    Agree media manager is a waste of time. You are smart to get it without.
    To move them once your card is installed and working right just highlight the picture and hit move. I have a folder I store my wallpapers in etc and it will cofirm they are on the media card.

Make sure you set up your bb to store all pics to the media card as well. Guess you already have now.....

Good luck
    02-07-09 07:29 PM
    To move your pics go to Media > Pictures, move the cursor to the pic you want to move then press the Menu key and select Move, select Media Card/Blackberry/Pictures.

To have your pics go to the Media Card in the future, Open your Camera app. > Menu > Options, chnage the Store Pictures In setting to Media Card/Blackberry/Pictures folder.
    02-07-09 07:29 PM
    You guys are all great. Thanks so much for the help. I'm going to try to put a new folder on my card so that I know where I'm moving the pics to just to make sure they go to the right place.
    02-07-09 09:28 PM
    OK, I must be doing something wrong but I don't even have an option to move to the media card. The only thing listed is UP with an up arrow in a folder but nothing about the media card. Is there a way to access the media card? I know there probably is an easy way to do this but I just can't seem to figure it out.
    02-07-09 09:49 PM
    If you follow dvdfan's instructions you should be able to do it. Welcome to crackberry!
    02-07-09 09:53 PM
    OK, I must be doing something wrong but I don't even have an option to move to the media card. The only thing listed is UP with an up arrow in a folder but nothing about the media card. Is there a way to access the media card? I know there probably is an easy way to do this but I just can't seem to figure it out.
    Now that's the strangest thing. I changed my settings to Store to Device Memory to see if I could duplicate the issue and resolve it. I snapped a pic, went to view the pic, then hilighted it, pressed menu, and guess what? No Move. Just up, just like mted558 said. Then, I went back in and changed it back to store on media card and tried to move it again. Same thing. Hmmmm.... Now I know I've done this before 'cause I had a few on my device memory before buying my card and moved them when I got it.... I think... don't really remember. I'm gonna mess with this a little and see what's up...
    Last edited by BadBob; 02-07-09 at 10:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-07-09 10:22 PM
    No idea why it is not working. I just tested it too though I did not need to I do it all the time and I snapped a pic - saved - and then select move from near the bottom of the menu list and when it popped up I saw my folder which is on the media card and presto it was done

?
    02-07-09 10:29 PM
    OK!! I got it! First of all, let's all remember that in each application, there is a help section when you press menu, unless you've deleted help from your device. Having said that, here is how you do it. Get out of the camera application. Go to the Media App > Pictures > My Pictures > Device Memory > select the picture, (you don't have to click it to view it, just put trackball on it) > Menu button > scroll down to Move > Up > Up > Put trackball on a picture, it looks like you'll overwrite but you won't > click the trackball and exit out and you're done.

Whew!
    02-07-09 10:39 PM
    I think it's a software thing, 'cause I KNOW I didn't have to do it like this in the past. I just upgraded to .124 today. I agree completely with dvdfan2k and Tremortality and I think that's how I used to do it. I've never had to go to device help to move a frackin' pic 'til now....
    02-07-09 10:46 PM
    Super BadBob glad you sorted it. I was scratchin' my head over why it was not working for you guys. BBM'd a friend a pic and he was able to quickly save/move it to his card - Hes on a different OS so I was trying to see if the OS mattered.......

Trem
    02-07-09 10:49 PM
    I think it's definately an OS issue. I swear I didn't have to do all that before. On another note... I was trying to post a reply from my BB while away from the computer. I couldn't get on the forum. I got the notification there was a new post, scrolled down to reply, it connected but wouldn't let me on the forum. Example; from computer email, get the notification of post, click link, right back here, read new post, hit reply, all good. From BB, get notified, click link, goes to main CB page, not here. go to login, back to main page. I exited out, clicked my CB icon for wap, got to CB login screen, logged in, chose my cp option to get to my threads I subscribe to and can see all of them but when I click on this one, or any of them, it takes me back to the main, non wap CB page where I again can't do anything. WTF? I even went into the browser emulation and chose WAP and nothing. pulling my hair out. Any ideas?
    02-07-09 11:26 PM
    OK once I do that (what BOB said!!) how do I know if the pictures are on the media card or not? I can't access the media card from my BB. And I can't see them when I connect to my computer. UGGGH!!!!
    02-08-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD