i dont have a bb yet but i plan to get the bb curve from boostmobile and i wanted to know how you know you have a memory leak
    what is it
    what does it affect
    and does shazam work well with boost bb
    Last edited by cameron gainey; 02-11-10 at 09:10 AM.
    02-11-10 08:54 AM
    Memory leak is a leak for your file free.
    file free is your ram and it will slow down your phone to a crap
    and it sucks

it makes your phone super slow and pretty much unuseable

you can expect a few if you run the stock OS
    you can stop it with Shink An OS
    02-11-10 09:05 AM
    Memory leaks are an over-hyped threat. If you see the results deathcommand describes, then you can deal with it, but it is not as likely to occur as you may think from reading the forums. The 8330 in particular is a mature, stable platform, and will likely have fewer problems than newer devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:13 AM
    Ive heard alot of problems with the new 8330 boost and memory leaks but I have no idea..
    02-12-10 01:07 AM
    Let me tell you I've just got the boost BB and uninstalled any crap I could and ran maxmem I believe. I only have 4 or 5 apps and a theme. After a fresh reboot I have 20MB free but after browsing a bit and texting always drops to around 8 or sometimes less (10.6MB free currently). Its driving me nuts to think I would need to run this phone bald to the core to get the 20MB everyone else reports. Sometimes gets sluggish I reboot once or twice a day.

02-12-10 02:30 AM
    The boost OS i noticed does have a memory leak. I have a 8330. Running 5.0 hybrid. With some apps installed i have about 34mb of space. Even when i had the boost 5.0 i had about the same but would notice a significant drop thru out the day. Maybe you would benefit from the hybrid. It can be found here Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home Read the tutorialon how to install it. i would download the preshrunk one.
    02-12-10 07:50 AM
    The boost OS i noticed does have a memory leak. I have a 8330. Running 5.0 hybrid. With some apps installed i have about 34mb of space. Even when i had the boost 5.0 i had about the same but would notice a significant drop thru out the day. Maybe you would benefit from the hybrid. It can be found here Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home Read the tutorialon how to install it. i would download the preshrunk one.

First of all, I want to thank you fdb8231. After much reading I was able to load my first hybrid OS onto my new Boost Blackberry and after removing much garbage I have ~28MB after boot. The only problem is after closing all applications, at the end of the day I currently have 188.4KB. (Yes KB not MB). I have no idea why the memory is always running out throughout the day. I wish I knew more about blackberrys in general to figure out why, but I will tackle it as I get more info I guess!

If anyone can help, please do!! I know there are a few of us with Boost frustrated with the same problem. Good luck fellow (Ab)Users!
    02-13-10 07:57 PM
    are you closing your aps or just backing out of them when finished?
    02-14-10 11:14 AM
    you can do a battery pull or simulate one with LEFT alt RIGHT shift and del all together. this will shutdown any apps you left open. But that is a signifgant drop in memory. I do a battery pull once a day. To close apps make sureyou hit the menu button and co to close or exit. Do not just hit the red phone it leaves them running in the backround slowing your phone down and using memory. I also use berryjoose which is on sale now. Helps alot google it. What apps are you running? Hope i have helped good luck.
    02-14-10 03:09 PM
    youu fell it reallyy sloww
    02-14-10 09:29 PM
    you can do a battery pull or simulate one with LEFT alt RIGHT shift and del all together. this will shutdown any apps you left open. But that is a signifgant drop in memory. I do a battery pull once a day. To close apps make sureyou hit the menu button and co to close or exit. Do not just hit the red phone it leaves them running in the backround slowing your phone down and using memory. I also use berryjoose which is on sale now. Helps alot google it. What apps are you running? Hope i have helped good luck.
    No I actually close down the apps entire, Ill select either close using the menu button or sometimes they will say shutdown (such as pandora). I do the simulation battery pull with the keypad combination that's how I recover my mem when it boots back up. I'm suspecting there has to be some app which has a memory leak or something. Guess my only resort is uninstall everything and install apps one by one and see?

02-15-10 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD