Are the Blackberry maps better than the Yahoo maps/directions that we can download from Yahoo on the internet browser? Do the Blackberry maps work from the GPS or are they similar to Yahoo maps?
    02-23-08 08:32 PM
    I have not used bb maps. Most of the folks on here are running google maps and it is great with the gps. Traffic, route, directions very cool
    02-23-08 08:41 PM
    Maps and GPS are two separate things.

Any BB can use BBMaps with or without GPS. GPS just adds your location to the map.

Most of the mobile applications use the same mapping databases so one map isn't "better" than the other. The applications and their abilities do vary, though. I find I like Google Maps for most things and have removed BBMaps from my device. I also use Live Search for movies and TeleNav for voice prompted directions to a location,.
    02-23-08 10:04 PM
    I use bb maps and its not bad. I personally like it. I did the google maps and it was ok but I prefer bb better. But to each is its own. But I also have the 8320 means no GPS
    Last edited by i_have_a_berry; 02-23-08 at 11:43 PM.
    02-23-08 11:41 PM
    I use BB Maps for the GPS and I have google maps for if I'm trying to find a place to eat or a store etc etc.
    02-23-08 11:42 PM
    I do the same thing. BBMaps has a nice GPS interface but the search features in Google are better. I finally just deleted BBMaps to free up memory since I didn't use it very much.
    02-23-08 11:46 PM
    Maybe one day you wont have to do that, and we can save apps on a memory card.....O here I go dreaming again! lol
    02-23-08 11:51 PM
    Pipe dream, I'm afraid. Look for a device with much more on-board memory first.
    02-24-08 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD