So I was in my settings looking at GPS and it says Blackberry Maps - NA. Anyone have a clue how to fix this? I'm trying to run a new app which requires this to work properly.

Options - Advanced - Maps
    Is the area in which its located

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 07:20 PM
    That's not an error message, that's the normal reading. Mine says the same and works fine. What is not working? Check your GPS settings. Do you have GPS Services set to Location On?
    07-19-09 07:48 PM
    blackberry maps NORTH AMERICA aka NA
    07-19-09 07:53 PM
    Well I'm deleting it and trying to re download it. Can someone please send me either a OTA or a site I can download it easy.

I have a Verizon cure 8330 running 4.5.160

07-19-09 08:36 PM
    Don't do that!! There is not an OTA for BBMaps. It's installed as part of your OS. If you don't have your OS installed on your PC, you'll have to install your OS before you can reinstall BBMAps.

Give us a chance to help you fix it.
    07-19-09 08:38 PM
    I have my OS installed on my computer so I'm good to go... Just frusterating. This golf app I got will not work but it does on my buddies curve. The only setting we saw that was differant was that.

07-19-09 09:01 PM
    I have my OS installed on my computer so I'm good to go... Just frusterating. This golf app I got will not work but it does on my buddies curve. The only setting we saw that was differant was that.

But what you're seeing is just the name of the app. It's NOT an error message. Deleting and reinstalling the app won't change that.
    07-19-09 09:11 PM
    Well Im trying to use Golf Logix GPS software... I click "My current Location" and it searches for satellites... then after a bit of time it says "gps not available"
    But my friend standing next to me using his curve it works just fine... any ideas...

I got my blackberry maps loaded back on now
    07-19-09 09:23 PM
    and yes it says location is on..
    07-19-09 09:24 PM
    Does BBMaps work? Do you have your GPS set to Location ON as I described in an earlier post? Do you have the Internal GPS selected as the GPS source in Golf Logix? I'm not familiar with that app and can't help you debug it, but if your friends is working, you should be able to match settings.

Do you have a new 8330? If so, it may be an 8330m. There is a problem with the GPS in the new models. That may be what you are seeing.
    07-19-09 09:28 PM
    yea my location is on... the back of the phone states 8330 not 8330m.. and yes blackberry maps works good... Im puzzled!!
    07-19-09 09:32 PM
    If BBMaps is working, you've reached the limit of my diagnostic skills. Try to compare with your friends Curve and see if you can find a different setting in the Golf application setup. Is your friends curve a verizon unit? Verizon only allows the internal GPS to be used with VZNav and BBMaps. I temporarily forgot that when you said the Golf app required BBMaps to work. If the Golf app is trying to access the GPS directly, that is likely your problem.
    07-19-09 09:37 PM
    so if thats my problem what can I to remedy it? or am I SOL?
    07-19-09 09:46 PM
    Sorry, but no, there's no remedy other than buying an external GPS puck. Verizon only unlocked the internal GPS in classic BlackBerry devices for use with VZNav and BBMaps. Even Google Maps still doesn't work.
    07-19-09 10:01 PM
    Well that is terrible news.... Verizon and I will no longer be friends...

Thanks for all your help!
    07-19-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD