You have to install BBMaps on your 8310 using a PC and the Desktop Manager Application Loader. That doesn't require internet access on your BlackBerry. Unfortunately for what you are trying to do, BBMaps does require internet access to download maps in real time. It doesn't include any maps; all maps are downloaded as needed in real time through your data plan.

As an alternative, you may want to look at TrekBuddy. It is intended for use in areas where you don't have cell coverage and allows you to load maps in advance to a Media Card in your 8310. It might be exactly what you want.
    06-25-09 04:42 PM
    I am running the latest OS software and DM software for my BB Storm 9530. I was running out of room on the handset and so got the bright idea to uninstall BB Maps since I like Google Maps better. Here's the problem: I can't get BB Maps to reinstall to save my life. I have a third-party software (VQCarfinder) that only works with BB Maps, but here's what happens: When I go to the website on my BB and try to install through the handset, it sends me an email with a link. When I click on the link, it takes me to a site where I download BB Maps, but what actually downloads is a file called "lb_ribbon" which Carfinder does not recognize as BB Maps. I went to the site again to try to download through the desktop method, but I can only get so far and I get an "error" message. Help! How can I get BlackBerry Maps back on my phone so that my Carfinder app recognizes it???
    03-28-10 01:20 PM
    The OTA download for BBMaps is for an older version that is incompatible with your device. BBMaps is loaded as a COD in all current OS versions. If you have your BB OS installed on your PC, you can run the App Loader to reinstall BBMaps. If you dont' have the OS installed, you'll have to do that step first.
    03-28-10 01:31 PM
    Hello
    I just dowloaded the BBHybrids and i checked the bb maps and i launched the loader
    i showed me all my softwares including the IBS_ribbon i selected it's size is 12k but a message pops up saying that i dont have enough space eventhough both memory's are 90% empty each.
    Same problem while using the BBsak and BB desktop manager
    any idea how to be able to access the memory data of the blackberry, usually we can only access the memory card data
    any help plz?
    01-05-11 06:14 AM
    I found it so hard to view my pictures and video, all the keep replying is to visit BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync - US. Pls put me through cos I tried that and till now nothing is showing. Thanks
    05-11-13 12:49 PM
    Im try update my version 9810 before version 7.1 bundle1147 after update 7.1 bundle 1672 running well...please try all
    01-10-14 09:06 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD