I'm currently using the 8330 running OS 4.5.0.77. I uninstalled Blackberry Maps once I downloaded Google Maps a couple weeks ago (since I've only had the phone that long). This was before I knew that Google Maps would not be allowed to use the GPS on the phone by Verizon even though they've unlocked it. There are times when a (free) map program that uses GPS would be helpful. However, I cannot find anywhere to reinstall BBM

I've gone through the mobile.blackberry.com site and can get to the point to download BBM 1.2 but when it says "Loading" for countries, they never load. I've searched all over the place (Google, here, other forums) to find a link to download them and haven't found anything except for links to the mobile Blackberry site. I've also looked in my Add/Remove apps section of the DM (4.7) and BBM isn't there.

Anyone have any suggestions besides reinstalling the OS? Or links?
    04-04-09 09:11 AM
    HERE YOU GO! This is an OTA link, so visit it from your phone.
    04-04-09 09:19 AM
    You have to re-install it from your desktop. You need to have the current os installed and add it from there. The ota link only works on older os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 09:22 AM
    You have to re-install it from your desktop. You need to have the current os installed and add it from there. The ota link only works on older os

The funny thing is that I tried doing this through the DM. Then, I went to the Blackberry website to ensure that I had the most recent OS and it appeared when I was doing this.

Thanks guys!
    04-04-09 09:37 AM
    I have tried the download BB Maps on my Verizon 8330 but get a message advising "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps. I have version 4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51). Anyone have any suggestions?
    04-24-09 04:29 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. Download the OS (you have .77 on your bb, right?) Do you have the OS on your computer? If not, download the OS.
    You plug in your bb to the computer via usb, making sure that YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED to the internet.
    Open Desktop Manager and it should recognize the bb and present you with software to install.
    Look for the bb maps check box, check it and have it install.
    I hope this makes sense to you. I followed these instructions and was able to successfully load bb maps on my device even though I have .131
    04-24-09 06:07 PM
    bb maps is not listed to check it is not there at all.
    04-24-09 09:40 PM
    Do you have your OS installed as an app on your PC? BBMaps is part of the OS and can no longer be downloaded OTA for current OS versions. If you upgraded your OS OTA, you don't have it installed on your PC. That's a necessary step to be able to install OS components like BBMaps.
    04-25-09 12:09 AM
    The only thing I have installed on my PC is the Desktop Manager that was packaged with my Curve. As you can tell I am new at this and a little confused. How do I get the necessary OS on my PC so that I can install components? Thanks for your help.
    04-25-09 06:04 AM
    I have tried the download BB Maps on my Verizon 8330 but get a message advising "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps. I have version 4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51). Anyone have any suggestions?
    hey i got a Curve 8310 .. so i dont know if this makes a diff... got Ver. 4.5.0.44 Platform 2.7.0.61 ... same message from BB maps. doesnt meet reqs?
    04-25-09 11:06 AM
    The only thing I have installed on my PC is the Desktop Manager that was packaged with my Curve. As you can tell I am new at this and a little confused. How do I get the necessary OS on my PC so that I can install components? Thanks for your help.
    hey i got a Curve 8310 .. so i dont know if this makes a diff... got Ver. 4.5.0.44 Platform 2.7.0.61 ... same message from BB maps. doesnt meet reqs?
    I apologize for the delayed response. I had an extended email outage that caused me to miss the notification of your posts.

You both have the same problem. You need to go to RIM's site and download the OS that matches your phone. For Croatia, your best approach may be to go to BlackBerry.com. The specific web address I have is the North American site, here: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Wherever you find it, download to your PC the OS that matches the OS on your phone. The download is an exe file. Double click the exe, and the OS will install as an application on your PC. Then run the DM App Loader. You will see BBMaps as an OS module. Check it, and the App Loader will install it for you.

The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig is a good reference for all these steps. Reed explains it all very clearly. You can also find the link to the CrackMem program that Reed references in my sig as well.
    04-26-09 09:01 PM
    BB maps is on the device. Its just hidden untill you get a data plab, at least that is my case, I got a data plan today and allofasudden when I reset my bb all this new stuff on phone! Bb maps, bbbrowser, email setup.... I love it now, if it not on phone and u got a plan read post prior to this cause I checked it out, its just the way jeffh said! Thanx for all the advice! I shall pass my knowledge on!

04-27-09 11:36 AM
    Fixed, thanks for all of your help.
    04-27-09 07:34 PM
    I have the same problem.

I have the newest OS and I cannot get blackberry maps. I went to the mobile site and tried to install it and it told me that it only worked on older OS.

And this thread is confusing me. It won't let me download it to desktop manager because when I go to the website it says I can only download it direct to my phone. I do that and then it tells me that it only works on older OS.

Mine did not come with BB maps. It came with google maps. I want bb maps.
    04-27-09 08:37 PM
    What device model number?
    What carrier?
    What OS version on the phone?
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    04-27-09 08:42 PM
    What device model number?
    What carrier?
    What OS version on the phone?
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    I have the 8330
    Verizon
    J have the newest OS. I checked before I'll let you know exactly which one in a second. It's the .77 I think. I forgot all the numbers. Right now the blackberry is connected to my computer and its updating something so I can't do nothing on my phone. Pretty sure it was the .77
    I have an unlmited plan.
    04-27-09 08:45 PM
    This is what it says... It says im up to date. But yet it says BB maps is for older versions.

04-27-09 08:49 PM
    I get the "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry blah blah blah" Thing. Sometimes its because I dont have enough memory/free space on the phone. If this is the issue....buy a memory card at least 2GB are like 20 bucks. Sometimes its bc of the opererating system and you need to upgrade (from crackberry.com of course you can upgrade your OS system). Othertimes its because I didnt have a "Data Plan" until now. So if you dont have one.......get one.
    04-27-09 08:51 PM
    I get the "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry blah blah blah" Thing. Sometimes its because I dont have enough memory/free space on the phone. If this is the issue....buy a memory card at least 2GB are like 20 bucks. Sometimes its bc of the opererating system and you need to upgrade (from crackberry.com of course you can upgrade your OS system). Othertimes its because I didnt have a "Data Plan" until now. So if you dont have one.......get one.
    No I got more than enough space.

I actually figured it out. I now have blackberry maps. It had it in the update thing on desktop manager but it wouldn't let me download from the site.

Now how do I use blackberry maps as gps? I keep hearing people use the term gps with it. Does it work as a gps? I'm not seeing anything like that all I'm seeing is enterting driving directions and zooming in on the map.
    04-27-09 08:56 PM
    I have tried everything said in this thread, I have the 8330, Verizon, 4.5.0.77 software, and still can't get BB Maps on my phone. I have a 4GB SD card, and nothing is on it, so it's not lack of space.

HELP!
    06-20-09 03:24 PM
    Do you have the Phone OS installed on your computer?

Have you tried the Application Loader in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
    06-20-09 03:46 PM
    Yes, and it's not there. Mine looks nothing like that image above, but it doesn't have blackberry maps clickable anywhere. Tried 2 different downloads of that so far to see if I was maybe missing something.
    06-20-09 03:51 PM
    Well, that image is of the separate Application Loader. The Application Loader in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager should look something like this.

It sounds like you have the Desktop Manager software installed on the computer but not the phone OS.
    06-20-09 04:38 PM
    I finally got Blackberry maps to show (I have to keep deleting and reinstalling that software thing which takes forever, I can't find it anywhere on my machine). It showed the maps as already being in my phone, but still doesn't install

EDIT - Restarted my phone again, and viola! It's there! Thanks for the help.
    06-20-09 04:42 PM
    I'd like to download Maps to my PC then transfer it to my 8310 Curve. I have an email only data plan the gives me unlimited Email, BB MSGR, MSN, YIM and GTalk, but I don't have internet access. Is this possible?
    06-25-09 01:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD