With the recent rumors of the bold being pushed back, is it time for the Iphone to take over? What do you think RIM should do for the loyal customers that stick around wait? Maybe a good deal will soften the blow. Maybe a 1-2 gig sd card, bluetooth included, or maybe a lower price what do you think?
    06-26-08 06:52 PM
    Let's just say that apple won't be getting my money anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 06:54 PM
    i would not do it either but, i would use it for the internet and ipod features. If i buy an ipod touch i mine well ebay an iphone for that price, and unlock it for TMO. (1st gen)
    06-26-08 07:02 PM
    it would be nice to get a package deal though
    06-26-08 07:03 PM
    There is no way apple is getting my money. I phone sucks I mean you don't even have multimedia messaging. I mean for me that's a big thing. That's how I communicate with my family members who live out of state. But hey that's just me. A sweet deal from them would be nice though

06-26-08 07:05 PM
    Okay, not really in Apple's camp. BUT - if you have email capability, MMS is less than necessary.

All this has been beat to death in a gazillion threads already.
    06-26-08 07:13 PM
    Yes you have a point if you have email capability then it really shouldn't be that big of a problem but what if the people you communicate with on a day to day basis doesn't?

06-26-08 07:17 PM
    apple 3g will have mms feature but i still dont want one.
    06-26-08 10:43 PM
    No way Apple will get any of my BB money its all Berries nothing else.
    06-26-08 10:45 PM
    Sometimes you have to wait to get it right. I for one don't really care about the bold right now. I'm having fun with my curve and it's not a big deal. If they were going to give a free memory card make it 8g.
    06-27-08 08:09 PM
    I'll continue to buy ipods but never an iphone. NEVER!

06-27-08 08:13 PM
    I will be a crackberry head for ever! The iphone will never measure up to the Blackberry!
    06-27-08 08:42 PM
    Watch eBay about three months after July 11.

I would guess we will be seeing a lot of slightly used iPhones and astronomical prices for the few Bolds that are offered.
    06-27-08 08:47 PM
    With the recent rumors of the bold being pushed back, is it time for the Iphone to take over? What do you think RIM should do for the loyal customers that stick around wait? Maybe a good deal will soften the blow. Maybe a 1-2 gig sd card, bluetooth included, or maybe a lower price what do you think?
    This kind of "I'm offended ... gimme something for free" tactic might work down at the car dealership but it really isn't worth much here.

There is very little likelihood that any serious and committed BlackBerry user is going to switch to Apple.

You could promise me an iPhone for free or a BlackBerry at full retail and I'll take the BlackBerry every day.

The iPhone sucks. If you want one, go for it. I wouldn't use it if you gave it to me free.
    06-27-08 08:54 PM
    Anybody who flops over for the iPhone will be a person who never needed a BlackBerry in the first place. I, for one, would like RIM to stay with their core competencies and not treat the BB as a peer. With that said I believe RIM must treat the iPhone as a peer since it's still very "neato" as of now. Which is why I look so forward to the Thunder.

In terms of sweetening the deal it's up to the carriers (all but AT&T that is) to do the trick themselves. RIM isn't going to hit margins with silly accessories or freebies.
    06-27-08 09:01 PM
    I think RIM can definitely improve the consumer experience of the BB OS, but they have been doing so with BB OS 4.5 and BIS 2.5. Some better multimedia options and the BB will continue to be the best, even against the iPhone. I've used an iPhone in the past and would never go back to it from my curve.

06-27-08 10:16 PM
    Crapple sucks!!! BlackBerry & RIM 4-ever!!! wooooohooooooo!!!!!
    06-27-08 10:31 PM
    I LOL'd so hard when I heard the new iPhone was like 199, especially after everyone paid way more for the first one, serves em right for not getting a Berry!!!
    06-27-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD