When I get a new voicemail on my Curve (Sprint), I get an "unread message" in my 'SMS' inbox that just says 'Voicemail'. When I go and click on that unread 'Voicemail' message, so that it will clear out my number of unread messages, my phone locks up for at least 30 seconds or so. When I have several voicemails back to back, this takes a lot of town to clear out the inbox, b/c it takes 30 seconds for each new voicemail.

This is the only time the phone slows down. Once I have opened the 'Voicemail' sms, I can go back and open it again with no delay. This is a very irritating option, because my only other option is to not open the 'Voicemail' messages. I don't want to do this, b/c then I might miss a new regular text message. Anyone else having this problem?

Is there a way to not have a voicemail notification show up in the SMS box? Is there something else going on that might be causing this?

Thanks for any suggestions! This is driving me crazy!
    11-07-08 11:05 PM
    What you are describing is definitely not a normal situation. I've never heard of it nor have I experienced it with my 8830. I don't know any way to suppress the Voicemail SMS notification. But opening the Voicemail SMS message should take no longer than any other SMS message.

What theme are you running? Do you have the SMS inbox and email inboxes combined or separate. Can you change themes, or change the combined state, to see if either makes a difference?
    11-08-08 12:15 AM
    I'm just running one of the standard themes. I have my SMS and email inboxes separate. I've tried switching themes, but it didn't affect this problem.

The one thing was thinking of is that maybe it has something to do with how many messages are in the inbox. What led me away from that (besides that I've only had the phone 2 months) is that once the message is opened, everything opens quickly and easily....
    11-08-08 10:18 AM
    What is your file free? Options > Status.
    11-08-08 10:21 AM
    File Free: 20500567 bytes
    File Total: 83623936 bytes

Thanks!
    11-08-08 08:54 PM
    That's sufficient free memory. I saw a post earlier today that I cannot find now. It suggested that slow opening messages are indeed a function of how many messages are in your inbox. I never have more than a couple dozen messages at a time, so I can't reproduce the problem. Are you keeping hundreds of messages on your device? That might explain your problem.
    11-08-08 09:16 PM
    Is the SMS VM notification device specific, I dont get one, Im glad I dont, however I have read that others do,

The only thing I can think of is I have my missed call logging set to none, but yeah, I dont get a SMS VM message. YAY I guess LOL
    11-08-08 09:30 PM
    PS.. I do get a missed call pop up though
    11-08-08 09:31 PM
    Here is the thread I was looking for that talks about deleting texts to speed up response. See if this applies to you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/aft...nd-them-91838/
    11-08-08 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD