I need a little help here, please! I have a curve 8320, and use the BB instant messaging feature quite a bit to talk to other family BB users, and share photos. Although I am not having an issue with the text portion of this feature, I cannot seem to send a picture through when ive never had trouble before. I can receive them from who i am chatting with now, but the receiver is stating my pictures are not coming through. I have Tmobile if it matters, and I know I have the correct package as well because it just stopped working today. Also, are these messages going/stored on a blackberry server, or where? just curious on that one, but really want my picture feature back!

Thanks so much, its important to me
    11-10-08 10:27 PM
    That is weird. I don't have t-mobile, but some ideas to try:

-Resend service books
    -Battery pull

It sounds like resending the service books and then doing a battery pull may have the best chance of success. Sorry I can't help anymore than that
    11-10-08 10:39 PM
    ive tried pulling the battery a few times to see if that works (since it usually does on other problems), but it hasnt. Resending service books? Whats involved with that?
    11-10-08 10:42 PM
    You can either do it from your BIS at t-mobile or you can goto Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, then press the Menu Key, and choose register now. It may take a moment, but it will go through and re-download your service books from t-mobile. It will send you a message when it is finished. Generally takes anywhere from 30 secs - 2 Min.

After you get the message that it is finished, I would do a battery pull. This is just to make sure everything is "fresh" and ready.
    11-10-08 10:54 PM
    sorry, but im not a phone expert If i resend service books, will it erase anything?
    11-10-08 10:57 PM
    No, all of your data will be perfectly fine. All it is deleting are the host routing tables and service books.
    11-10-08 11:02 PM
    I resend my service books every once in a while just to make sure I am up-to-date with AT&T's servers and everything.
    11-10-08 11:03 PM
    I tried resending the service books, and just received a message that they are still not going through. Damn.
    11-10-08 11:24 PM
    :/ I am surprised that resending the service books didn't help. In that case I guess the only option is to call customer service. I would definitely call T-mobile before RIM, because if you have to call RIM they will charge you for support.

Sorry that I can't help more Maybe someone else on here has an idea...
    11-10-08 11:34 PM
    Funny thing you mentioned about the messages being stored on the server, or something. i don;t think they do but I had a provider once that would save all thepictures you sent and one it got full you would have to go on line and delete them. maybe that might be the problem with yours, doubtful though.
    11-10-08 11:40 PM
    oneplan, thanks for all your help Hopefully, it will come back online at some point....or I will have to call. Chunkey, that would be great if i could do that, but i have probably sent 100 pics or so.....it might have got full already if that was the case. I was just wondering if they could "shut it off" or something along those lines.....
    11-10-08 11:58 PM
    You can either do it from your BIS at t-mobile or you can goto Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, then press the Menu Key, and choose register now. It may take a moment, but it will go through and re-download your service books from t-mobile. It will send you a message when it is finished. Generally takes anywhere from 30 secs - 2 Min.

After you get the message that it is finished, I would do a battery pull. This is just to make sure everything is "fresh" and ready.
    Host routing table, and sending service books are two different things, the host routing table registers with the network, you can still do that also, it doesnt hurt, but to send service books from your phone, find the manage internet email icon, and click, its in there. or you can log onto your BIS and do it that way..

Generally though, if I have to resend my service books, I also do a host routing table thing also... habit I guess.
    11-11-08 07:32 AM
    I have tried everything...im at a loss......
    11-11-08 12:52 PM
    I have tmo too, and no issues with sending pics through bbm. They don't make you go online and delete pics before you can send more, so I'd suggest calling tmo and seeing if they can help. Good luck!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 12:59 PM
    argh, and now no messages are being sent or coming through.....great, i have to call....they never seem to help either.
    11-11-08 05:38 PM
    have just upgraded my bberry curve 8320 because my call logs and messages were deleting on it's own,and also my bberry messenger wasn't working,and i have called tmobile and they told me to upgrade it.BUT after i upgraded my curve to the newest software,my instant messengers weren't working.everytime i sign into AOL Instant Messenger it shows my buddy list,but then disconnects me right away.and it says "unexpected error:sign-in again if you are signed out due to this error" and then i click OK,and another box pops out saying,"unexpected server error.please try again later." but the weird thing is that when i sign into AOL people can see me on AOL and when i sign into AOL on my computer it always says that there is another user on this screen name.i hope you know what the problem is,cause i have called tmobile and they have transfered me from line to line and i have stayed on the phone for hours waiting for another representative,but i finally decide to hang up cause it takes too much time.and i just had my bberry for not even a month yet and all these things are happening to it!! PLEASE HELP.thank you so muchh
    11-11-08 08:12 PM
    Your logs, sms etc are deleting due to loe memory, nothing to do with your operating system, happens even on the one you have now, look around for some things you can do to prevent it, ie.. regular battery pulls, deleting sms inbox outbox etc, clearing cache yadda yadda..

As far as your new issues, when you upgraded, did you resend your service books or register the host routing table?
    11-11-08 08:18 PM
    You did not need to upgrade, you had a memory issue and will keep having it until you read up on your device and get rid of the useless preinstalled applications on your device. There are plenty of threads on memory optimization...
    11-11-08 08:30 PM
    Is the BB messenger a BB thing or a Wireless service provider thing or ?? Newbie here and a bit confused. By the way I get my 8330 on verizon wireless tomorrow!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!! I can't wait. Is there a thread that tells how to use BB messenger? Thanks.
    11-11-08 09:15 PM
    how do i get the preinstalled applications out of my device?
    11-12-08 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD