HELLO ALL!

IS IT POSSIBLT TO REMOVE THE ORIGINAL BB HOUSING AND REPLACED WITH A DIFFERENT COLOR? I REALLY WANT A PINK CURVE! HELP PLEASE!
    09-09-08 02:51 PM
    you can orger a pink one from
    Cellular Accessories - Dopod/O2, Accessories Store, Sony, SonyEricsson, BlackBerry, Acer, NEC, LG, 3G,
    and they have videos on there to replace the housing
    09-09-08 02:52 PM
    Thank you! How do i go about finding the video on the site?
    09-09-08 02:56 PM
    Nevermind!!! found it! Thank you Benzworm
    09-09-08 02:57 PM
    highjakker likes this.
    09-09-08 02:58 PM
    Just fininshed the reassembly and I love it!!! Thank you Now I have a pink Blackberry and I"m LOVING IT!!!!!
    09-09-08 03:28 PM
    I think i read somewhere that the housing for the 8320 and 8310 are the same? is that true? reason is i want to use the crimson 8310 on my tmo 8320... dot dot dot :P
    09-12-08 01:39 AM
    nevermind i see the answer lol...
    09-12-08 02:31 AM
    Helloo Everyonee
    I Want To Change The Housing On My Blackberry 8520 To White, But When I Go To Take The Front Lens It Has Sticky Stuff Under Itt, I Dont Want It Stickin To My Screen HELPP!!
    01-20-11 12:55 PM
    good to know!
    01-21-11 08:41 AM
    This was the first thing that I did with my 8330. I bought the titanium color online and went to eBay to get the housing. I bought an orange housing along with an orange trackball. It is just way to cool. It's stands out from everyone elses at work. The housing change is realllly easy, I think I did mine in about 10 minutes with the trackball changeout. You just have to be kind of careful when you are taking it apart for the first time, because the opposite end of the screws which you take out does not come off until the faceplate housing is taken off, so there is no reason to even take them off, you just pull the sides out and the faceplate just unclips with four (4) clips total (two on each side) you may need a small flat head screw driver to get the front off!

Good luck and I hope you find a good quality housing! (I bought an orange OEM sprint housing to ensure that the quality would be good. And if you buy one on eBay make sure it is not just a painted housing!)

Have fun!

- ModderXstatic!
    01-22-11 04:30 PM
    I'd think carefully about changing your housing. I had a curve 9300 and I really wanted to put a white housing on it.
    I bought the housing for a couple of pounds on Ebay, there are hundreds of colour options available on there.
    I looked at a video on youtube how to do it & then gave the video & my phone to someone who used to be an engineer & is way better at these types of things than I am. I though it would be both fine and to be honest, easy. I also thought that if I didn't like it I could simply swap them back and put the original back on.
    IN REALITY HOWEVER: the videos you see on youtube etc are often by people who have probably removed many housing cases and have developed a knack for it, because it isn't all that easy. As another user has mentioned in a previous reply, when you change the screen cover (the part that goes over the screen as well as the green & red buttons etc, there's a load of adhesive under that which can leave a mark under the new screen. We removed it very carefully but didn't realise that it's more than one layer so when we put the new screen cover on, it didn't fit in tightly and you could feel it around the trackpad.
    The little piece at the bottom centre on the handset has a couple of little legs inside and this part is very hard to get off, meaning it is easy to accidentally break one of the legs, rendering it unusable. This is what happened to me & then to return it to its original state I had to buy a BB that was for damaged to get the missing part - more costs. Also if you are thinking about going white - you should know that the line with the green, red, bb symbol and back button all let the light shine through and it looks a bit cheap and nasty. Perhaps some people have been lucky doing their housing swaps, maybe I've been unlucky but seriously think about it & remember your warranty will be invalid too.
    03-31-13 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD