hello ladies and gents,

i have a blackberry 8320 i just got from a friend. he was on rogers. the phone is unlocked but the blackberry features dont work (BBM, email, browser,etc). i am on fido and i just added the BB DATA 500MB plan. Apparently its setup properly by a Fido rep that i just spoke with. So assuming everything was fine i went to the fido.blackberry.com register page and tried to register. it says that the blackberry is registered with a different service provider. so i phoned rogers to get the pin released. they said that its not a registered pin to them and they dont have any record of it. so after that i phoned RIM and they say the PIN is now registered to the company it came from originally some company in Hong Kong called CSL. But this was working on rogers for my friend. so i have a bb plan on fido that i cant use right now. can someone please help me or know of something i can do. any help would be greatly appreciated as i am frustrated to the max...
    02-06-09 10:08 PM
    Contact the company that RIM says it's registered to (probably email unless you want to pay to call Hong Kong), explain the situation and ask them to release the PIN. Most companies in Hong Kong are used to dealing with the english-speaking world, so finding someone who can help you shouldn't be that difficult.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD