Alright,

I have a black Berry Curve through Verizon. When the phone is my pocket sometimes, it half way shuts down. Let me explain.

When I manually shut the phone off as it shuts down I get the "Verizon Wireless logo on a black back ground.

Heres my Issue, sometimes when I take the phone out of my pocket the screen stays black for a second even after hitting a button. Then the "verizon Wireless" logo pop ups for a second, and then the phone goes back to normal like nothing happened.

It doesn't seem to reboot its self because that takes a bit longer to load (hence the "Half way shutsdown"), nor is it in stand by mode because I don't have to hit the button on the top of the phone that you use to take it in and out of stand by mode.

I don't even know if the phone is shutting off in anyway, i'm just worried that my wife has tried to call me and the phone MAY have been off. I don't know.

Please mention if this has heppened to you, or you know why its happening.
    Last edited by Zombeast; 09-08-09 at 03:16 PM.
    09-08-09 02:24 PM
    I believe they have proximity sensors in them that automatically put them to sleep when they go in a holster. Maybe your pocket is close enough quarters to activate that, although I thought it required a type of magnet in the pouches/holsters to activate it.

Other than that, I'm clueless.
    09-08-09 02:31 PM
    Yeah I was maybe thinking the same thing, since it only happens when its in my pocket. I do know, that the phone has a light sensor, as the screen gets brighter, if your in a low light area. Maybe being in completely dark pocket is activating this?
    09-08-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD