My blackberry curve got wet the other day. I did the rice trick and all the water is out, and now every time I put my battery in a red light comes on and there the screen stays off. I called T-mobile and they told me to plug it into my computer and backup and restore it but every time I turn it on and plug it in I get a message saying that the device can not be recognized. I don't know what to do, I've already tried connecting through the device manager and NOTHING. Help!
    07-26-08 12:37 PM
    My blackberry curve got wet the other day. I did the rice trick and all the water is out, and now every time I put my battery in a red light comes on and there the screen stays off. I called T-mobile and they told me to plug it into my computer and backup and restore it but every time I turn it on and plug it in I get a message saying that the device can not be recognized. I don't know what to do, I've already tried connecting through the device manager and NOTHING. Help!
    The only suggestion is to try reloading the OS.......BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    If that doesn't work, then you may be SOL.
    Best of LUCK!
    07-26-08 12:48 PM
    Just drying it out is a bad idea. Saturate it in alcohol first. make sure you get all the minerals and impurities out. All it takes is a spec of grit between two leads in an IC and it will never work again.

And normal water has a lot of impurities. Last ditch effort: take the case apart, get some PURE rubbing alcohol and a soft toothbrush and clean everything with generous amounts of alcohol. Let it dry and see if it works again.

Pay close attention to all the little legs coming off the different components, make sure there is nothing in between them. It might start up, or it might not after that.
    07-26-08 12:49 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    07-26-08 12:49 PM
    well it was rain water if that makes a difference? I was caught in a storm and the BB got saturated.
    07-26-08 12:51 PM
    well it was rain water if that makes a difference? I was caught in a storm and the BB got saturated.
    It doesn't matter if it was rain or it fell in a pool of water. Water and electricity doesn't get along too well. Water can and will short circuit the phone if it was on when it get wet.
    07-26-08 01:52 PM
    Sorry that happened to you. Do you have insurance on it?
    07-26-08 01:54 PM
    Yep nothing matters. Ur best bet is to take out the battery sim and mc and let it dry naturally. Never attempt to switch the phone on until ur sure its totally dry. In short let it dry for a couple of days and then try. I've done this on my older phones and they have recovered fine... Its happens so often to me, u'd think I buy phones just to watch them swim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 02:05 PM
    No I don't have insurance, i'm going to a T-mobile store to see if the battery is the problem, hopefully it is, thanks guys I will come back to the post if I have anymore questions.
    07-26-08 02:27 PM
    Bummer! Hope all this advice helps. Good Luck!

Last edited by DivaLuscious_Pink_Berry; 07-26-08 at 03:23 PM.
    07-26-08 03:20 PM
    I hope it is just the battery

07-26-08 03:25 PM
    Did you immediately pull your battery and SIM card when the device initially got wet?
    07-26-08 03:26 PM
    How long did you leave it in sealed container of rice? Mine was submerged in clothes washer for about 5.minutes while the phone was.turned on and I gave it 2 days plus took it apart to be sure no moisture was lurking in there. Did you use a vacuum and suck moisture out and give it some good shakes as well? It may need more time or a different battery to test the device.
    07-26-08 08:57 PM
    You either have something grounding out one of the IC's(chips) on a circuit board or your power supply is boned. Either way. Follow the advice from the other electronics guy given earlier and dismantle, soak in alcohol, look for dirt or corrosion, scrub with soft toothbrush, dry, reassemble, and pray.

07-26-08 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD