Well i went up to the ski resort last weekend and lost my phone on the moguls. Luckily they found it, but now the battery cover has a deep scratch and a small piece below it is missing. I was thinking about getting the seidio rubberized battery cover anyway, but I have no clue where to get the other missing piece. Help please?

Also, how good is the Seidio extended battery? Is it worth the $50 bones?

01-23-09 12:01 AM
    These pieces can be purchased from eBay or cnn.cn

Have you checked to see if the phone is fully functional?
    01-23-09 12:07 AM
    If you have insurance...

I would just call that in lost, pay the deductible and have a new one.

Yours seems it may give you some problems in the near future...
    01-23-09 12:12 AM
    No insurance. I purchased the phone brand new off a guy from howardforums. I wasnt aware I could get insurance if I did not purchase directly from sprint.
    The phone is fully functional surprisingly. The snow was hard and it was a cold day so there isnt any water damage, I just got to get the cosmetics replaced.
    01-23-09 12:29 AM
    Search for Curve 8330 "battery cover" and "chin cover" (I think that's what it's called) on eBay, or cnn.cn website.

I know I've seen both on eBay recently in almost all colors.
    01-23-09 12:34 AM
    No insurance. I purchased the phone brand new off a guy from howardforums. I wasnt aware I could get insurance if I did not purchase directly from sprint.
    The phone is fully functional surprisingly. The snow was hard and it was a cold day so there isnt any water damage, I just got to get the cosmetics replaced.
    Wow lucky! The replacements shouldnt be that expensive. Maybe like 20 bucks for both.
    01-23-09 12:51 AM
    At least it wasn't a snowboarder. We get blamed for everything, lol.
    01-23-09 01:57 AM
    At least it wasn't a snowboarder. We get blamed for everything, lol.
    Seriously lol but hope everything works out for you and god I hope my bold can survive snowboarding

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 02:02 AM
    Battery covers are like 12 bucks and I think 8/9 for the little part that is missing. It looks better than I thought before I opened the post. Glad its still working.....
    01-23-09 02:05 AM
    Wow! I'm glad I did not bring my bb to the slopes. Hope all works out. Was your bb in a case or was it naked?
    01-23-09 02:13 AM
    The Seidio 2600mah is an excellent purchase if you are away from charging, or on your Berry a lot. I
    Know people with one or the other extended battery, and they love 'em. Looking forward to getting mine, especially with the extra heft it brings.

01-23-09 06:42 AM
    Get the 2600mah battery and you won't regret it

01-23-09 07:52 AM
    Blackberry was naked. I had a white silicone case that I usually put on it, but I'm almost glad it wasn't on there at the time. It might have made the phone blend in more with the snow, and nobody would have found it.
    01-23-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD