need help immediatly please..ever since i downloaded google mobile app and google email my phone has started freezing..i have to take the batterry out or soft reset it if it even lets me...i would only freeze when i leave it alone for more than about a min then the keys lock on me and the only keys that seem to work are teh alt and caps keys because tehy show up at the top right of my screen....ever since that i have tried everything to fix this erasing emails erasing apps i even went as far as wiping the handheld even the os and reinstalling it and it still occurs this cannot be a water damage...can someone please give me a solution i beg lol i am desperate
    04-06-09 05:58 PM
    What's your File Free listed under Options>>Status?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 06:00 PM
    it is 54441384 bytesi have also cleaned the memory several times but have noticed that wen i clean the browser memory and restart the device it goes bak to wat it was before i cleaned it
    04-06-09 06:03 PM
    Somethings up, give us a list of the 3rd party applications you're using...
    04-06-09 06:03 PM
    i have erased them all i am left with the 4.5 apps that come with the phone and facebook which is also part of the applications that come with 4.5...before that i had google maps, aim from blackberry, webmessenger, pocket express and opera mini and like i said i had google email and google mobile app but they seemed to not be supported cuz errors kept poping up so i deleted them asap like i said reinstalled 4.5 looking for a solution and it still occured i am now looking thru the memory card to see if a song or picture i have put in it could have done it
    04-06-09 06:09 PM
    Ok, but did you have Facebook installed, were you using the app on your device?
    04-06-09 06:12 PM
    yea i had facebook since day one and it never gave me problems...its wierd beccause it works fine until i leave it alone for like a couple mins then when i try to use it it freezes and i cannot recieve calls or nuthn...i love my blackberry but this is very odd and sad=[
    04-06-09 06:13 PM
    That's your problem right there! Facebook is known for hogging up memory and making BB's run slow! Delete it and see how well it runs after!

04-06-09 06:15 PM
    ok...but i believe i have come to a conclusion...i took the memory card out and then turned it on it is running fine and is no longer freezing for now....could it really be the memory car..i also deleted all of my emails and phone longs from like 2 months ago...i will delete facebook because now that u say that it will save me battery..
    04-06-09 06:19 PM
    i should also add that i got it a little wet about a week ago but i aired it out and was working fine with no problems...is it ok to reinstall aim, opera mini, and google maps are those apps known for anything bad?
    04-06-09 06:21 PM
    Get rid of Facebook until a new version is released, 1.2 is so full of bugs you can set your BB down on the table and it will crawl away. The symptoms you're describing are common with the Facebook app. The bug is the app wants to constantly update itself, using all data to do so, the result is, hot battery, not receiving emails or notifications, memory loss, rapid battery drain. Bookmark Facebook in your BB browser and use the app that way, it's nicer than the application anyway, IMO...
    04-06-09 06:24 PM
    thanks for all the help but i have found out what is wrong and it would be the memory card..i popped it bak in and same thing happend soo i am now going to see if reformatting the card works i will update u guys soon...have u guys ever heard of a memory card messing with a blackberry?
    04-06-09 06:29 PM
    Really only during an upgrade do I hear of issues with the media card. Some people have to remove the card for the OS to install successfully...
    04-06-09 06:34 PM
    It did once on my Pearl but I just figured it was a freak occurance!

04-06-09 06:35 PM
    how do i go about fixing it...delete everything on the card?
    04-06-09 06:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you format it, it will delete everything on its own!

04-06-09 06:38 PM
    Or are you asking what I did to fix my problem? I just deleted a bunch of music and pics and it was fine after that!

04-06-09 06:39 PM
    hmmmm lol ok i think that is what i need to do because it is filled with music and pictures
    04-06-09 06:40 PM
    You could also upgrade to a bigger size card if you don't already have the biggest size allowable (if that's even a word, lol) by your current OS!

04-06-09 06:43 PM
    just delete the google program
    04-06-09 06:49 PM
    lol after the deleting and the reinstalling of os and all the trouble it was the memory card=[ sad day all i had to do was delete a couple of things and it went back to normal....thanks for the help guys hope everybody on crackberry learned a valuable lesson today..check your memory card first=] lmfao
    04-06-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD