First of all, here's some background on my device, as this is a two-part question and you'll need to know this to help.

I bought my Curve 8330 from Verizon, but switched over to Alltel a couple of months ago. The switch was successful, except the MMS and e-mail don't work.

Everything was going smoothly until today my phone randomly turned off while I was at work. I pressed the power button and nothing happened, so I took the battery out, waited 30 seconds, and put it back in. Everything loaded up like normal. A couple of seconds later, the dialing screen popped up and a bunch of #s and *s kept going across the screen, and making the tone just as if I had been pushing the buttons. I was eventually able to lock the keypad, but the screen kept lighting up and the unlock instructions came on, just like it would had I been pushing buttons. For a while it would turn itself off after a few minutes of this, but for the past half hour or so it's been staying on and doing this.

I have phone insurance, but I'm wondering who I should go through to file my claim. Verizon or Alltel? And if I've had the phone for less than a year is it still covered under manufacturer's warranty? My insurance is through Alltel, and I never had it with Verizon. So if I am covered under manufacturer's warranty, should I go to Verizon because I bought it from them? The switch isn't 100% official yet, so I'm confused about who to go to. And I'd really like to not pay anything, as I won't be able to afford the $99 Alltel charges for a new handset with insurance until next week.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    06-08-09 10:26 PM
    It sounds a lot like the BB got wet or some moisture in the keypad area.

There should be a 12 month warranty on the phone, and I'm guessing you go to Verizon because you bought it from and insured it with them. The deductible should be $50.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 10:29 PM
    What do you the switch is not 100% official? If �ou have Insurance with Alltell, you would go them.

06-08-09 10:29 PM
    The letter I got from the insurance company says the new Alltel insurance program isn't going into effect until July 10th.

I mean, obviously if I have Alltel insurance I would go to them, but the phone was bought through Verizon, so I don't know if they'd honor it.

I don't know...am I being a ****** about this?
    06-08-09 10:33 PM
    As long as there is no sign of water damage to your BB, then Alltel should honor the RIM 12 month warranty on the phone.

If it's an insurance claim, then it would probably be through Verizon, but they could deny it by saying that you haven't paid the insurance premium on it for the past 3 months that you were with Alltel.

06-08-09 10:40 PM
    I never had insurance with Verizon...only with Alltel.
    06-08-09 10:44 PM
    What about the possibility of moisture/liquid damage?

If it's not liquid damaged, you should be able to get a replacement phone through Alltel free of charge.

06-08-09 10:47 PM
    The liquid sensors on the battery and the handset are still white...so I think I oughta be good to go.

But the people I normally deal with are authorized dealers, and not a corporate store. Can they do a replacement phone for me?
    06-08-09 10:54 PM
    I think you have to go to a corporate store.

06-08-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD