I picked up my phone the other day to use it and it just shut off. I let it boot back up and it flashed this error.
    blackberry error uncaught exception dssma invalid state (5) 357
    Whats my options on fixing this? Just re-loading the OS? I did a hard reset and it's still there.
    08-22-09 10:11 AM
    That is a software error message. It could be from the OS or a third party application.

I would delete the most recient application first, if that does not clear the error, then re-build the OS software.
    08-22-09 11:32 AM
    Uncaught Exception: DSSMA Invalid state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    Resolution 1
    Perform a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB02141.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution 2
    Back up the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry� Desktop Manager. For more information, see KB11625.
    Erase all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB02318.
    Restore the backup of the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

AKA backup, wipe and restore
    08-22-09 11:41 AM
    Well I removed facebook since I recall having a issue with it in the past. I did a restart and it did not list the error. So I am going to try re-installing facebook again. Maybe there was a issue or a corrupt file. Thanks for the input I will keep ya posted.
    08-22-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD