I own this Blackberry Curve 8320 and I use the Blackberry data plan for email, I downloaded the Empower Mail Viewer Pro today for a Free Trial and see if I like it or not. It's nicer than the regular BB default and then I found out that it is only incoming mail feature like smiley icons and etc. I was going to get a compose mail where I can add the smiley and other things like that to send an outgoing email....I don't know which one to download, is there that I can find to download or not. I know that we have smiley icons available for instant messengers.....why can't the email box have those? It seems like a waste of money to purchase the downloads, the Curve is an expensive phone that should have more nice options/features in there. Let me know if I miss something. I'm new at Blackberry Curve, I like it.
    02-22-08 03:27 PM
    Look at the background of the company that makes BlackBerry phones. RIM or Research In Motion. They have a long history of creating excellent phones targeted to business customers. RIM just recently started getting into the consumer market with addition of the Pearl and Curve. Think about this for a moment, business users didn't really need any of this eye candy that consumers demand. So until RIM gets going full on with it's consumer line there's not much you can do.

As for my point of view regarding this, I could care less for some of this eye candy. The phone works extremely well compared to the horror stories I've heard from other users that have a phone with all the glorious eye candy.
    02-22-08 04:45 PM
    I own this Blackberry Curve 8320 and I use the Blackberry data plan for email, I downloaded the Empower Mail Viewer Pro today for a Free Trial and see if I like it or not. It's nicer than the regular BB default and then I found out that it is only incoming mail feature like smiley icons and etc. I was going to get a compose mail where I can add the smiley and other things like that to send an outgoing email....I don't know which one to download, is there that I can find to download or not. I know that we have smiley icons available for instant messengers.....why can't the email box have those? It seems like a waste of money to purchase the downloads, the Curve is an expensive phone that should have more nice options/features in there. Let me know if I miss something. I'm new at Blackberry Curve, I like it.
    get a sidekick.
    02-22-08 06:00 PM
    Just love your Blackberry and it will love you. My Curve is wonderful I have never found the need for smiley faces when I use my phone.
    02-22-08 06:02 PM
    You're right, no need....just a thought. I learn to love my BB Curve, I used to have a Sidekick LX and they do not have the kind of things like we have....I took it back and exchanged that to BB Curve, just because SK do not have a compitable for mobile banking...BB Curve does.

Ok, I have a question, do I require the security software for this mobile? Where do I find it?
    02-22-08 08:23 PM
    What do you mean by security software?
    02-22-08 08:40 PM

Ok, I have a question, do I require the security software for this mobile? Where do I find it?
    To enable a password to keep your information safe go to Options then Security Options-> General Settings and enable and create a password.
    02-22-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD