i uploaded everything on my blackberry to my pc bb d/l manager...took everything off the blackberry and tried to reload everything...most of the stuff came back, but several things did not including my theme, blackberry alert, news i-cons, vlingo, etc...

and my docs to go..

any ideas?
    02-07-09 11:31 AM
    These most likely may have to put back on through the app loader.
    02-07-09 11:44 AM
    those applications, cnn, etc. were never downloaded through the bb download application manager on the pc....so they are not there...i looked...

thanks..

sonja
    02-07-09 05:44 PM
    I think you mean you didnt backup your third party apps...? If so your gonna have to download them again.
    02-07-09 05:55 PM
    the person i spoke to at verizon assured me that when i backed up my blackberry, everything would be backed up including the 3rd party apps...

is this not true?
    02-07-09 05:57 PM
    As far as I know, no it doesnt backup all your third party apps. I could be wrong though. Heres a thread on backing up third party apps. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    What exactly did you do to your phone? Did you wipe it or is this a replacement phone?
    02-07-09 06:06 PM
    i wiped it per her instructions....my calendar wasn't working with the alerts and after trying everything she had me back it up and upload it back...of course the 3rd party stuff didn't transfer...
    02-07-09 06:07 PM
    Ooohh...thats so messed up. You could try this but I dont know. I got this from the thread I gave you.
    12) Search your computer Folders & Files for a folder with your PIN # as the name. DEFINITELY check System Files & Hidden Files as well
    02-07-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD