is it worth buying? it looks really cool and i heard it doubles it up as an alarm clock thing? pros/cons of it? thanks
    11-14-08 11:42 PM
    I've never used one personally but I've heard good things about them. I'm going to buy one soon for my bold. I would recommend getting it based on other peoples experiences,but i'm sure someone will answer your question soon
    11-15-08 12:20 AM
    It will save wear and tear on your USB jack. Have hear of people wearing theirs out.

As xodedexo18 says... with the Bold, it rocks... especially with the bedside mode.
    11-15-08 12:28 AM
    Is there any cons with it? I heard people saying that said that it over charges the battery? And also it says it doesn't sync does that means that it only charges and what is this bedside mode?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 02:17 AM
    Just had the USB port on my 8130 disintegrate and leave little bits floating aroung inside. Currently using the docking pads to charge the phone.

Time to figure out the insurance I'm paying for.

11-15-08 03:56 AM
    I love my dock. I think it might be overcharging my battery though, as my battery gets low EXTREMELY quick now

11-15-08 01:36 PM
    You cant overcharge it on a dock, or at least mine, it stops charging once the battery is full.

I have this one
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=oSO7-7-H

Charges fast, when full, it stops charging.
    11-15-08 01:40 PM
    I have the same one Rachel, works like a champ...
    11-15-08 01:44 PM
    The dock just transfers the charger power to the pads on the back of the phone. The pads connect to the same charging circuit as the USB port.

11-15-08 01:49 PM
    ... and what is this bedside mode?
    Bedside Mode is a feature of the Bold: here are some descriptions on it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bed...37/#post884053

developerlife - Reviews � BlackBerry Bold Review

BlackBerry Bold: Turn Off/On Bedside Clock Mode | Technipages

Tell the time on a BlackBerry Bold | BlackBerryNews.com
    11-15-08 02:26 PM
    People with the cradels.....how do you protect your phone?? I was thinking about getting one but isn't it annoying to remove your case every time you charge?
    11-15-08 03:09 PM
    Well with my new housing, I have been using the OEM holster and then just pop it in the cradle at night.
    11-15-08 03:36 PM
    i have one as well, its great. you can set it to automatically enter bedside mode and dim the screen and all that. it doesnt over charge the battery, it just tops it off and it acts as a stand after that
    11-15-08 04:03 PM
    Soooo bedside mode isn't on the curve? damn that's a shame... O well ordered 1 none the less hahah should be getting it sooon thanks for the input everybody

11-15-08 04:07 PM
    Yea, I got the OEM cradle for my Curve maybe a week or 2 after I got the phone. It was one of the best accessories I have ever purchased for my Curve. I love how it has the LED lights in it to light up the BB emblem, and it definitely does not over charge the phone. It stops charging the phone once it reaches 100% battery life and will just act as a stand after its done charging. Id definitely reccomend it. As far as it doubling as an alarm clock, I believe that feature will only work with the Storm. The Bold's dock puts it in bedside mode like some have mentioned, but the storm dock actually converts it into a horizontal alarm clock and charges it at the same time.
    11-15-08 04:09 PM
    Soooo bedside mode isn't on the curve? damn that's a shame... O well ordered 1 none the less hahah should be getting it sooon thanks for the input everybody

Rumor has it on new higher OS it will have this feature.
    11-15-08 04:13 PM
    Ive wanted to get one but no t-mobile stores have them, guess ill have to buy one from amazon becuase im also worried about the mini usb getting destroyed.
    11-16-08 10:00 AM
    Or you could get one of the one's here, on CB.

Ive wanted to get one but no t-mobile stores have them, guess ill have to buy one from amazon becuase im also worried about the mini usb getting destroyed.
    11-16-08 10:22 AM
    You could see if one of the local Corp TMO stores can order you a couple of them from a store that does have them. Went in to the local store yesterday, and they are still selling the charging pod for $7 bucks, vs $29.99 (the Curve version anyway).

Or you could get one of the one's here, on CB.
    Yeah there is that option as well.
    11-16-08 10:47 AM
    I just picked up a couple of these docks. They seem well made & I did notice after the BB had been on it for a short time it stopped charging. I guess the BB on front is just a 1 color light. I guess it doesn't change color when the BB is finished charging...right?!
    02-17-09 05:48 PM
    The chrome one will not change colors......Mine stays on the whole time and is white - entirely. Love it since I hated plugging up to charge.....
    02-17-09 06:02 PM
    I aways hated pluging it into the usb plug. I just know doing this over & over again could cause problems down the road.
    02-17-09 06:27 PM
    I charge mine with the cradle and the charger. It stays plugged in ready to go. The USB I only use for backups, upgrades etc. I dont like having to plug in everyday so using the back contacts works nicely.
    02-17-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD