Hello!

I know there a bunch of threads on this topic but none have really helped at all.

So last night before I went to bed I plugged in my phone into the wall charger as usual. But it didn't charge. I've read about checking the battery and one thing I do notice that I'm unsure of whether or not it was there before is a red stripe on the white sticker near the contacts of the battery. I tried removing the battery while the phone as on and rebooting it and nothing changed. I tried using a different charger, also plugged my phone into my desktop computer via USB which at the same time caused my computer to emit a burning electronic smell so I unplugged it right away and now my PC won't turn on .

But to continue with the Blackberry, when I remove the battery and re-install it, the LED flashes red for a second and when I turn it on, the hourglass comes up and the phone boots up. However, it still refuses to charge the battery.

I also looked at the USB port on the phone the charger has five pins the phone seems like the fifth one on the far right end if the phone is screen up is there but pushed back a little.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
    04-20-09 01:21 AM
    The red sticker is the . . I forgot the name but the water indicator ?
    To see if the phone has a "water damage".
    I think they should "pink/red" when water touches. Or whatever.

uhm do you have a dock ?
    I would suggest picking one up and charching your phone like that.

I don't know if it could be the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 02:08 AM
    eeewww... thats not good. especially the burning smell part.. i would definately invest in a charging dock(cheap on ebay) just to have one, but i would definately take that thing to tmo and tell them exactly whats happening.. if its still under warranty they can send you a new one... that sounds like the best possible thing to do.
    04-20-09 02:19 AM
    Yup its wet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 02:30 AM
    it's possible your usb port came loose from the board, that's what happened to my curve. I can't charge or sync it.
    04-20-09 02:35 AM
    I'm gonna buy a charging dock and see if that helps. I really hope it does. I love my Curve, I just don't like how its not working right now!
    04-20-09 04:27 AM
    Did the charging dock work?
    02-24-10 08:55 AM
    Sounds like the port on your phone needs replacement. We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $38.95. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to email me with any questions at all... [email protected]
    06-10-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD