I know this has been swung around back and forth, but its so hard trying to decide what I want.

I was hoping someone would help me out by giving me good reasons. I've never had a blackberry before, nor iphone. The last phone I had was a Sony Ericsson K790a.

I looked @ this: hxxp://www.crn.com/hardware/202600845

It gave me somewhat encouragement in going towards the blackberry but I'm still unsure!

Your help is appreciated.
    09-09-08 11:07 AM
    Honestly, no one here can help you decided what to spend YOUR
    money on. Just think about what you really want in a phone and
    choose the one that best suits your needs.

Or prepare to be told that the BB is the way to go. There is a certain amount of bias here.
    09-09-08 11:16 AM
    I had the iphone up till last week, it was freezing on me, shutting off on me to the point after each phone call or text msg, I was looking around, came across the BB.. never looked back or question my purchase.. in my opinion, I can do SO much more on this thing.
    09-09-08 11:20 AM
    It is your preference on what you prefer. Some people get better use out of the Iphone, but others need what the blackberry can offer. I think the blackberry is overall a better phone, but you need to do some research to figure out is what is best for you. Good luck.
    09-09-08 11:21 AM
    It all depends on what you need in a phone. We can't tell you that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 11:25 AM
    I can tell you this: the blackberry comes bundled with all the features you could need without having to install any additional software. If you're into it more for entertainment, the camera on the BB is much better than the iphone, and it can handle a reasonable amount of music in the absence of a proper mp3 player. Take it from someone that went through two iphones in a month, you get much more bang for your buck out of a berry.

09-09-08 11:29 AM
    u can go to an apple store and mess around with the iphone and u must know atleast one person with a bb. you should try and use them both and see which on u like.
    09-09-08 11:30 AM
    This is all personal preference, as the iPhone and the Curve are entirely different

The approach that RIM and Apple take on smartphones are both unique, so research what you need. Also, you may want to consider that your only carrier option with the iPhone is ATT.

Another thing to consider is the new Berries coming out...
    09-09-08 11:38 AM
    This is all personal preference, as the iPhone and the Curve are entirely different

The approach that RIM and Apple take on smartphones are both unique, so research what you need. Also, you may want to consider that your only carrier option with the iPhone is ATT.

Another thing to consider is the new Berries coming out...
    Can you not "unlock" the iPhone to be used with T-mobile? I have a friend that has done it. I'm sure it is possible. If he already has T-Mobile, I'm sure it isn't hard.

Just a thought.
    09-09-08 11:42 AM
    Yeah I currently work for Rogers Wireless right now, that's why I'm thinking about it just so much. I know the pros and cons of both, yet I can see myself using both phones. I'm leaning more towards the blackberry right now. Hopefully I'll stick with my plan and not look back.
    09-09-08 11:44 AM
    Honestly, this is the wrong place to ask about the Iphone. We're all Crack berry addicts so of course we're going to go with the BB.
    09-09-08 02:04 PM
    I have both iphone and blackberry... they think you can go either way they are the to best phones i ever had.. Its just wat you want on a phone both great i say get curve and 1st gen iphone
    09-09-08 02:13 PM
    Yes the iphone can be unlocked and used on T-mobile, however when you do that some of the unique features of the iphone will not be available anymore. The only unique feature that I know of is that part where you can select which voicemail to listen to first. There might be a few others but I haven't heard of anything else from my friends that have one.

Here's my 2 cents on the iphone vs blackberry:

I don't care for the touch screen of the iphone. Call me old school or whatever but I like the feel of an actual keyboard.

Going to messages, calendar, contacts, etc. on the blackberry seems ALOT easier than on the iphone.

IF the device is not unlocked your only choice in carrier for the iphone is AT&T.

Security encryption on the blackberry is WAY better than iphone.

Like everyone else has said, there isn't one PDA type phone that is going to be for everyone. Your best best is to go and take a look at each device and see what is going to be best for YOUR use.
    09-09-08 02:21 PM
    I've played with the iphone and I personally hate the fact that there is no actual keyboard on it. The digital one is cool at first but after a while it gets really annoying. I'm sure other people feel the same way.

09-09-08 02:45 PM
    I have a iPod Touch and a Blackberry. The touch is the same as the iPhone without the phone feature. I tried to type a blog post on the touch and it was miserable to type on. I love my blackberry and it is a joy to type on.
    09-09-08 02:54 PM
    Blackberry fo life lol

09-10-08 02:28 AM
    I'm suprised out how modest all of us Blackberry users are. It's like we know our phones are awesome and need to post no facade to let others know that these phones are great devices.

My personal point of view is: You have two options. Get a Blackberry, or later you'll wish you had.

09-10-08 02:43 AM
    When I was choosing my replacement phone (long story) I read as many reviews as I could find on the two phone I was think about, try cnet.com, they have a bunch of reviews on a whole bunch of stuff...

I didn't like the way the was set up, it scrolled to easy, and I really like the camer and the flash on the curve..

But it is completely up to you!
    09-10-08 04:28 AM
    Here lemme help: the iphone is an over-rated piece of crap, it's not a business tool by any means(or any kind of tool for that matter)....the iphone is more like a toy for teeny boppers who would rather have the "coolest" phone rather than the best phone...iphone is comparable to tmobile sidekick; it's fun to use and show your friends but you wouldn't show it off to a room full of adults. The Blackberry(I have Curve 8320 on Tmo) does everything it claims to do and does it extremely well... Plus its not overpriced or made by a crappy company like Apple

09-10-08 06:51 AM
    If you mainly play games and browse the internet the iPhone is a great choice. Plus the iPhone is sweet looking and I disagree with some others abd think Apple is a great company and does put out a quality product - albeit at a high price. Apple reminds me alot of BOSE in that it is a marketing machine...but can usually find a better product for less if your homework is completed.

The short list of benefits that BB offers are: Voice Dialing, Stereo Bluetooth, can change battery and flash memory, BB has complete MMS, better battery life (and again the option of using a larger capacity battery) and with BB don't have to turn off WIFI/3G/Bluetooth to enjoy good battery life.

Obviously a personal decision and good luck on either phone - they are both very good devices.
    09-10-08 07:12 AM
    Too bad the Canadian version of the 8310 doesn't include wifi or I would have picked up the 'talkspot' service rogers provides. By Friday I'll pickup the 8310 curve. Thanks everyone for your input, im pretty confident ill be making the right choice.
    09-10-08 07:32 AM
    Let me start by agreeing with what someone else posted, its your choice and we can only advise and give experiences, and with that I made this same choice two weeks ago.

I had Verizon and switched to AT&T when the original iPhone came out. I loved the phone, it was light years ahead of other phones with the UI and iPod functions. It was a fun phone to use however it had numerous issues. Without having buttons I felt that doing things required to many finger swipes and scrolls and stuff. I started a new job where my AT&T service became sub-par and I was also give a Blackberry 8830. It was the first Blackberry I ever used, at first I wasn't a fan, then as I began to use it I began to like it more and more. I still decided to get an iPhone 3G when it came out because reception was supposed to be better.

Well my 3G coverage was non existent, even though it said I was in great areas. All of a sudden the phoen did not become fun to use anymore it became cumbersome and annoying. I just wanted something that worked all the time and didnt crash. To make this story a little shorter, I switched to an 8330 Curve on Verizon and love it. While I still love Apple and everything, RIM just knows how to make a phone. It is stable, reception is great and the phone is just enjoyable to use.

I understand why it is called a Crackberry, when it is so easy/enjoyable to use...it is always in your hand.

-Dennis
    09-10-08 08:16 AM
    Too bad the Canadian version of the 8310 doesn't include wifi or I would have picked up the 'talkspot' service rogers provides. By Friday I'll pickup the 8310 curve. Thanks everyone for your input, im pretty confident ill be making the right choice.
    The at&t version of the 8310 doesn't include wifi either.
    09-10-08 08:19 AM
    The at&t version of the 8310 doesn't include wifi either.
    Yes, that does suck that there is no wifi, but when you have an unlimited data plan, does it really matter?

DL the OS 4.5.0.69 for the video camera and for Docs to go. I've been using it all night and can't seem to put it down.
    09-10-08 08:43 AM
    I think the choice is pretty easy if you understand what you want... Do you want a nice toy ? or Do you want a great tool ? I see my blackberry as a reliable tool. My only advice here is... go with what is value for money for you.
    09-10-08 08:50 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD