I had to recently change my BlackBerry device due to a problem it had with the LED's and my new device is working perfectly fine, however, there is an annoying problem.

I have the Verizon data plan, and before, I was able to do whatever with my internet, google, youtube and such. Now everything is limited. A search in google or youtube that returned 100 results before, now return 2 or 3 and sometimes none at all. My internet is limited. There is a strange little icon of an open yellow lock next to the signal bars now, maybe there is an option I need to change to make it just like before?

My model is the Curve 8330...

Thanks..
    09-07-08 10:26 AM
    Check this out. SOunds like encryption maybe turned on. Is your deivce on BES? DId you get this device from you rcarrier or Private party?

When you lock your device, an open lock indicator appears in the device status section of the screen to indicate that your device is deleting a copy of the private key from the temporary device memory. A lock indicator appears when the device has deleted the key.

Protect your device data

Verify that you have set a BlackBerry device password. 1. In the device options, click Security Options.
    2. Click General Settings.
    3. Change the Content Protection field to Enabled.
    4. Press the Menu key.
    5. Click Save.

Set content protection strength Verify that content protection is turned on.
    You can set the strength of the encryption that your BlackBerry device uses to protect data that you receive when your device is locked.

1. In the device options, click Security Options.
    2. Click General Settings.
    3. Set the Strength field.
    4. Press the Menu key.
    5. Click Save.
    09-07-08 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the reply. My device came directly from my carrier. I did all of the steps you mentioned above, still not coming up with results at least in the "YouTube" side. The verizon rep could not help me, so I am suspecting the site itself is the problem since everything else works just fine.

Again, thank you for your detailed step-by-step reply and for taking the time to help me out.
    09-07-08 11:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Are you using the site: m.youtube.com?

That is optimized for mobile devices including BlackBerry.

The yellow lock symbol indicates a http or https secure connection. There is nothing that will affect your device.
    09-07-08 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD