I completely agree with you! It's hard for me to imagine that there hasn't been more acknowledgement from RIM on the issue. I certainly hope a fix is a priority for them. This one is a biggie as far as I'm concerned. Really gets in the way!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-07 09:14 PM
    I spoke to RIM on Fri July 27
    on with them for 2 hours
    they are aware of this curve memory leak
    they had me dump my entire bb and re-load
    it worked for almost 2 days, now I am back to the leaking memory
    they are working on a patch
    shoot me
    Last edited by jaydg; 07-30-07 at 07:57 AM. Reason: spelliing
    07-30-07 07:56 AM
    Thank you so very much for the update. This is REALLY driving me nuts. I am constantly checking the memory. I keep the number of apps to a minimum on the device and do battery pulls. I still lost messages twice again. Way to high maintenance for a handheld in my mind. This has really made me look at BB and the Curve differently. Completely unacceptable! A patch should have been out by now.
    07-30-07 10:48 AM
    I'm having the same problem too -- called AT & T, and they behaved as if it was the first time they'd heard about it. They told me to get a new phone. Incredibly frusrating.

I'm a reporter and need access to call logs and old email -- that's what a BB is for. Otherwise, the Curve is a great product. But on a BB, how that be the "otherwise"?

07-30-07 07:11 PM
    Any update here?
    Spoke to RIM yesterday, still no fix yet
    This is driving me nuts
    08-01-07 10:32 AM
    Still no fix - an article mostly with info. we have but......
    Tip: BlackBerry Losing Text Messages or Call Logs?
    By Melssa Oxendale
    August 23, 2007

Are you having issues with your
    vanishing without deleting them? Or maybe you notice your call log is suddenly empty? Both of these are symptoms of a full memory. What can you do to avoid this? Clear out as much as you can from your
    Move pictures, ringtones, music, and videos to your microSD card if you have one. You can even set your camera to save pictures there by default.
    Delete programs you do not use. I often download a free trial or try out freeware that I discover I don't need or like. I often forget about these programs which are taking up my memory. Make sure to remove them either using Desktop Manager's Application Loader or under Options, Advanced Options, Applications.
    Keep your log clear. The BlackBerry keeps a log for trouble shooting. Just hold down the alt key and type lglg from the homescreen. Once the log comes up go into the menu and select clear. Make sure to close the log when you are done.
    See what programs are open. This is also a great help on the battery. From the home screen hold the alt key and press the back button. You will get a banner of programs that are running. There will be some BlackBerry applications that are always running, such as messages, and BlackBerry Messenger.
    Clean out old e-mails, text messages, and call logs you don't need. I often accidentally save an e-mail or a text. I try to check my saved messages regularly and get rid of what I don't need, such as my flight info from a trip I took three months ago.
    Check your themes. Do you have lots of themes installed on your BlackBerry? They take up memory. You may want to delete them in Options, Advanced Options, Applications.
    Remove any media you are no longer using, such as oldor mp3s that have worn out their welcome on your BlackBerry.
    From your use Application Loader to see what languages are loaded on your BlackBerry. You can remove any you don't need. Also consider removing any other the option applications that come your BlackBerry that you may not use, such as Password Keeper or BrickBreaker. If you don't use it, free up the space.
    Try any or all of these as they fit for you. These steps helped me stop my vanishing text messages.
    Last edited by MMB916; 08-23-07 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Correct formatting
    08-23-07 01:25 PM
    Has there been any update on this issue? This is my first BB and my experience has been disappointing so far
    08-31-07 11:28 PM
    Not yet...
    08-31-07 11:38 PM
    having the same issue here. they need to get a fix asap
    10-03-07 11:47 PM
    Weird I have not experienced any rebooting issue with my curve at all. I guess I have not ran into it is for the fact that I close out programs when I am not using them.

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-07 01:05 AM
    Hey,
    I just saw this happen to me yesterday and thought to my self, what in the devil is going on with this thing too. I have never seen anything like it before, not that I've ever owned a BB other than the one I just got, but never the less and just like that, my call log disappeared. And also, today I noticed that my sms messages were also disappearing right before my very eyes. Any how, I did a battery pull and things did go back to normal. Although I have while writing this post, I have checked again and noticed that the call log is once again abbreviated. Quite strange to see it happen. I sent my self a text using the same features and that's when i saw text messages suddenly disappear.
    Angel
    Last edited by blackberry_newbie151; 10-08-07 at 12:46 AM.
    10-07-07 11:56 PM
    I just had this happen to me today for the first time. I went into my messages box and it was empty. All my text messages were gone. I did a battery pull and now I am not receiving any emails or text messages.

please help!
    10-16-07 02:05 PM
    check media manger memory settings and make sure set to lowest levels - clear browser cache and soft reset
    10-16-07 09:46 PM
    This is driving me crazy. Happens probably every two days. If I'm on a call when it happens, the call is dropped.
    11-19-07 02:35 PM
    man i am soooo glad that i'm not the only with the "memory leak" problem. i dont have any other software downloaded on my curve 8310 and i have had my sms and call log disappear twice since i got it a month ago. everytime i look at the memory, it looks fine...any suggests on how to keep the sms and call log from disappearing? thanks!!!!
    12-09-07 11:21 PM
    I look forward to the answer for the same reasons
    12-10-07 12:04 AM
    Wow, four months, and they have not resolved this issue yet? I'm terribly regretting the fact that I have a Curve on the way, this week.
    12-12-07 09:52 AM
    Wow, after reading this issue I am now going with a T-Mobile shadow.

Thanks for the heads up, id rather have a phone that works than one that doesn't. I'm done with phone searching, and im tired of seeing problems on all of these smartphones that people are having. I'd rather save myself the headache and frustration, considering I have a high-end pc (and those will drive you up a wall more than anything else from a configuration point of view) and I have no other choice than to go T-Mobile. I've heard TONS of stories of rubber peeling, cases falling apart, battery death, keyboard pieces breaking, and all sorts of other things that make me turn my back on this.

Sorry guys, but unless I win one from the days of crackberry I'm out on these blackberry curve issues.
    Last edited by IronCurtain; 12-13-07 at 02:29 AM.
    12-13-07 02:27 AM
    I don't know what people do to their phones that cause falling off pieces, rubber and case falling off, memory, battery, etc... issues. I have never had any such issues and I've loaded around 8-10 apps, several themes and I have a lot of emails saved. I would pick a curve again and again.
    12-13-07 03:25 AM
    mlomeli- Dont' think that it can't happen to you. After happily (aside from battery issues) owning my curve for 5 months, it finally happened to me last week and once again last nite.
    Just a heads up not to get too comfortable in thinking that your messages will always be there.
    12-28-07 08:46 AM
    There is a easy way to fix this. Delete all the preloaded ringtones (if you dont use them), pictures, music sample, and video. You can also delete some preloaded themes and apps you dont use (kinda more work and a little risky if you dont know what your doing).

I did this to my Pearl and Im at 28MBs free (with over 10+3rd party apps, 1 custom theme, and 10 (42kb images)) and after a long days use its down to 20MBs. I believe that 20MBs is the least free memory you should have to prevent memory leak. Also do a soft reset in the morning before you even use it, this gets back your free memory.

Memory leak is caused by low memory so the more free memory you have the better.
    Last edited by boost3d23; 12-28-07 at 09:09 AM.
    12-28-07 09:05 AM
    Try this instead of a battery pull (ALT CAPS DEL) it will reset the curve and you get the memory back. I do it every day.
    04-15-08 08:13 PM
    HI,

this memory problem hit me today. After pulling the battery the memory was 25MB.
    During this problem it deleted some emails. Is there a way to tell the BB Enterprise server or the device to resync the whole Exchange mailbox and sync the former deleted mails back onto the device? The messages are still in the mailbox.

Thanks for your replys.
    07-04-08 02:26 AM
    Got my Curve about a month or so ago. Messages started disappearing a few days ago and I thought it was my imagination!

I checked my memory and I still had 13 megs left so I thought that there is no way I could be running out of memory! Now I learn that 13 megs is considered "low on memory" !! Okay, so I did a battery pull and now I have 28 megs...

Come on guys, a bug like this is just ridiculous!

Why should I have to do a battery pull to recover memory?? This reminds me of the early days of the Windows OS when it was routine to have to reboot your system on a daily basis.

Or the early days of automobiles when you would have to go to the shop every 500 miles to have them adjust your brakes. (I'm not quite THAT old, but I love old cars!)

And this is on top of the fact that this is my THIRD Curve!! The first two had the self-reboot 5-6 times a day problem.

I thought that Blackberrys were the best?

Edit - I still like my BB better than my Palm(s)
    Last edited by Cammer; 07-11-08 at 10:21 AM.
    07-11-08 10:11 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD