Hello,

I recently made the switch from a windows mobile based smart phone to the blackberry curve. I couldn't be happier!! I love the phone, except for the media player. I like to watch videos on my phone, especially from you tube. The video is a small box (even in full screen mode) and at least half of the videos cannot play because of unsupported media. I have tried going to m.youtube.com and that does not help. I have version 4.5 software--Sprint is my service provider. Is there another media player that can be downloaded that is more in tune with windows mobile or am I stuck? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    03-15-09 11:48 PM
    I'd like to know too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 11:50 PM
    This is an issue with the way YouTube compresses the videos for the mobile site. It's not an issue with your BlackBerry and there's nothing that can be done about it on your end.
    03-16-09 06:09 AM
    if you go to the regular youtube site instead of the mobile will the videos work?
    03-16-09 08:58 AM
    I doubt it would since YouTube requires Flash and JavaScript to play videos and from what I can tell, the BB's default browser doesn't support either.
    03-16-09 10:20 AM
    Yeah, you will not be able to view videos from any Flash site. There's no Flash for BlackBerry.
    03-16-09 05:51 PM
    view your videos on vuclip.com
    03-16-09 06:21 PM
    Are there any media players that I can download that have flash and java?
    03-16-09 07:14 PM
    I can watch youtube videos on my berry by going to youtube in OperaMini. Give that a shot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chesapeakesoja; 03-17-09 at 09:57 AM.
    03-17-09 09:55 AM
    Are there any media players that I can download that have flash and java?
    Which part of "there's no Flash for BlackBerry" was confusing?

There's no Flash for BlackBerry. None. Nowhere.

If the site/video uses Flash, you will not be able to view the video. You will have to use an alternate site like vuclip or the mobile YouTube site for videos like that.
    03-17-09 05:14 PM
    When you get the unsupported media warning, simply click the "ok" and them hit "R" to refresh. It might take 2-3 times, but the video will play. A pain in the ****, but it works.
    03-17-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD