I just got the phone recently so maybe iam not use to it yet.. but arent the keys a bit too close together? i find my self tapping other keys all the time while trying to type a word... maybe i just have fat thumbs
    04-05-08 10:21 AM
    Don't give up. You will get proficient with it over time
    04-05-08 10:34 AM
    Yea, it will get a lot easier. Compared to some other keyboards I've typed on, the curves keyboard is one of the best!
    04-05-08 10:49 AM
    Agreed with everyone else.. Over time you'll like it alot. Ive typed on 8700, 8800, and 8300 and the 8300 keypad is defintely the best and easiest to type on. I made the switch to a Curve from a Samsung BlackJack and that phone has one of the worst keypads ive ever used.
    04-05-08 12:35 PM
    Yeah I had trouble at first too. I have fat thumbs too so that didn't help but you do get used to it over time. I use it so much I can't type on the pc's keyboard so well any more haha
    04-05-08 12:37 PM
    Too close together? I think they're too far apart

8800 user here!
    04-05-08 12:39 PM
    yeah now i type like a champ on my curve, and its making my keyboarding skill crappy now
    i used to have an issue hitting the enter button instead of delete
    but not anymore
    04-05-08 02:37 PM
    give it time....i seriously thought i wouldn't be able type with my curve, but i am so much better now and i think i'm getting faster with time
    04-05-08 03:13 PM
    I just got the phone recently so maybe iam not use to it yet.. but arent the keys a bit too close together? i find my self tapping other keys all the time while trying to type a word... maybe i just have fat thumbs
    Fat Thumbs!!! Give it a week, and then report back to us if you still think you have Fat Thumbs.
    WELCOME!
    04-05-08 03:27 PM
    I've had my 8300 for about a year. I love it, but I agree the keys are too small and too close together.
    04-05-08 03:38 PM
    You will get used to it. I have had mine since Feb and now I am almost as fast on berry as I am on a PC, heck I can evan blind type now with out making to many errors.
    04-05-08 03:40 PM
    No, you will never get use like it. You will hate the day you got your phone. Save some time and frustration and just send me your phone.
    J/K
    It will take some time to get use to the keys but after some practice you'll be good to go!
    04-05-08 03:50 PM
    At first I thought I would never get used to it. Now I am a berry pro
    04-05-08 04:10 PM
    I agree with everyone above. I used to have a Pearl and could text with one hand on it (while driving...). The Curve gave me some problems when I first got it but I eventually got the hang of it. I still double-tap some of the keys but it's usually because I'm trying to pay more attention to the road instead of the phone. :P

Derek
    04-05-08 05:18 PM
    I agree with everyone above. I used to have a Pearl and could text with one hand on it (while driving...). The Curve gave me some problems when I first got it but I eventually got the hang of it. I still double-tap some of the keys but it's usually because I'm trying to pay more attention to the road instead of the phone. :P

Derek
    omg!
    please dont type and drive or even talk and drive (unless you have a bluetooth)
    it can wait until you park or at least get to a red light/traffic jam
    04-05-08 05:23 PM
    omg!
    please dont type and drive or even talk and drive (unless you have a bluetooth)
    it can wait until you park or at least get to a red light/traffic jam
    Wow! That didn't talk long for someone to complain about me texting and driving... My drive home is on a two lane road with shoulders on both sides. Only text when I'm the only one out there. For the most part, I can text without looking at the phone. Ironically enough, I don't talk and drive at the same time. Go figure.

Derek
    04-05-08 05:26 PM
    I have big fingers, but find it pretty easy to type on it now. The 88XX series is a bit of a challenge. The Pearl, pefect for me. I'm a SureType pro.
    04-05-08 05:27 PM
    Yeah, I really like the keyboard now. I've had mine since Feb and I typed this whole thing (almost) without looking at the keys (too muvh). ;-)
    04-05-08 05:27 PM
    It gets easier in a short space of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 05:42 PM
    It's called "fat-fingering" the key board. I did it a lot when I first got the curve. It's takes time, a little practice and a lot of patience to get accustomed to the keyboard. There were a few time I wanted to throw my curve. Then, I remembered how much mine cost
    04-05-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD