My new BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Verizon is giving me the following Error Messages.

For Example I go into eBay and when I try to Log on I get the following messages.

You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted.

Continue
    Close Connection
    View Certificate
    Trust Certificate

If I enter Trust Certificate I then get the following Error Message.

The following application is requesting access to your Handheld Key Store.

Please enter your Key store password.

I never setup any Password for my new BlackBerry Curve 8330.

I also received the same types of Error Messages after I had downloaded the Google Uploader, Google Maps, and Google GMail.

I had used my Computer's BlackBerry DeskTop Manager's Software Application Loader to successfully Unload and UnInstall all of the Google Software Applications.

I am still receiving the Error Messages when I try to Log Into my EBay User Account and with some other Internet Applications.

Does anyone have any answers to these problems?

Jonathan[/B]
    06-07-08 01:28 AM
    the default password should be "blackberry" (without quotes, of course). so, using that password, you should be able to give "trust" to the relevant certificates/servers.

at this point, i can't answer your other questions.
    Last edited by b320; 06-07-08 at 01:53 AM. Reason: expand answer
    06-07-08 01:51 AM
    First time poster here!!! I LOVE my verizon BB 8330!

I have the same problem as the OP for certain programs, (namely Google Sync for Google Calendar at the moment, though I had no programs giving access to Google Maps).

I created a password and I have been able to grant access to any program I wish except for google sync.

The error I get (after attempt to "Trust the Certificate" by putting in to correct password) is

"The certificate could not be added to the Trusted Key Store due to IT Policy restrictions."

Can someone please tell me how to alter the IT Policy Restricts.

**Edit**
    Discovered the answer to my own question:

I was manually able to "Trust the certificate" for google by going into Options (that is system options on the main screen) >> Security Settings >> Certificates >> selected the revoked certificate for Google, and I hit the menu key and you should see the option to "Trust"

I hope this helps the OP.
    Last edited by flipanova_7; 06-14-08 at 05:52 PM.
    06-14-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD