Love the phone but having some problems. I know the first question is an old one, but hoping there is some new information.

1. Like others have experienced, my Curve is deleting messages without my prompting. I have plenty of memory on my phone (48,333,032) at this moment and put everything on the media card. It wiped out the messages in my normal e-mail account a few days ago, but it is working OK for now, however, the e-mail and SMS messages I send and receive directly to and from my BlackBerry e-mail address are disappearing constantly. Any ideas? (I do have a custom theme, but I have had it for months without any problems until now, and I have read that others have the same problems without a custom theme)
    2. The internet browser menu is different. For some reason, the “Go To” and “Bookmarks” options are now missing under my browser menu.

Any advice on how to find and fix these problems?

Thanks.
    Last edited by bfeb66; 06-20-09 at 10:40 PM.
    06-20-09 10:21 PM
    Unless you copied your memory incorrectly, you have 4x the safe minumum, so low free memory should not be your problem. Have you installed any new apps lately? Facebook? Viigo? Both these apps have been associated with memory problems. If you have installed any new app, try deleting it and see if the problem goes away.
    06-20-09 11:09 PM
    2. Go to Browser, press and hold the back arrow button until you're back at the main menu. Then go back into Browser and see if they're back. You can accomplish the same thing by going into Browser, pressing the BB/menu button and selecting Close.
    06-20-09 11:21 PM
    Jeff H - I downloaded a golf game a couple weeks ago, but the problems is just a couple days old. I am going to give it a few more days to see if it straightens itself out. If not, I'll delete it (I really enjoy the game).

savio - when you say "Browser", do you mean the actual web browser or the Browser under Options? By the way, my phone actually has 3 of the internet browsers - the "Internet Browser" which has the globe icon, the "Web Browser" that has the globe icon with "WAP" in it, and a local news icon that is basically a link directly to this websites BlackBerry modified news site. Only in the last browser has the "Go To"and "Bookmarks" options disappeared. I had them for weeks and 2 days ago they vanished and I cannot think of anything I did with the phone that would casue it.
    06-20-09 11:50 PM
    I've had a similar issue with the launcher for the bb version of our local news website. I have to go to another website (either by going home or I usually just use the crackberry launcher) before I have the go to and favorites options. Mine has been that way for a while. I'm not sure what it is that makes it do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD