Hi everyone, brand new to the forum, I've searched for this issue to some extent, and have had no luck. My apologies if this is a RP.

I literally got this Phone brand new from Sprint one week ago and I'm very frustrated with a small problem I'm having. The only apps I have installed are Pandora, Google mobile, Blackberry Messenger, and finally Shazam. Every day when I'm actively using my phone, the volume and some times the vibrator will cease to work. I go to media and music won't play, Pandora, music wont play, I've tried switching the profiles, nothing. The receiver and speaker phone stop working also. The only solution is powering it off and taking out the battery. Solves it completely. Is this phone a piece of really poor craftsmanship? Or is there something I'm doing wrong. I've read all I can, I've deleted and reinstalled my extra apps, I've updated the phone to the newest possible version. Please don't tell me I have to live with removing the battery 20 times a week, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd like a 500 dollar phone to be able to ring. I've never had this issue with any other phone.

Thanks in advance, Happy to offer info that may be needed to solve this.
    12-26-09 01:08 AM
    You can do one of two things....

1. Uninstall all of your apps, and then reinstall them one by one. Leave time in between the reinstalls which will hopefully isolate which app is causing the problem.

2. Go into a Sprint Service Location and show them what you have going on. You are within 30 days so you should be able to get a new BB with no problem at all.

Hope this helps.
    12-26-09 01:43 AM
    Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fix...-169-a-380296/

FYI, to properly reset your BB, take the battery out of the BB while the power is ON, don't turn it off first. Wait at least 30 seconds before reinstalling the battery, this is known as a battery pull.
    12-26-09 05:33 AM
    are you leaving the apps running also??? make sure you close each app after using them including the browser....and follow xliderider's post and link...dudes' good....real good...
    12-26-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks, everyone. I'll give it all I try. Didn't know about the battery pull, I was turning it off beforehand. Also don't think I was always shutting down Apps. Got a lot to learn apparently...
    12-28-09 08:13 PM
    Yeah, when in doubt hit the App Switcher to see if you left anything running. Minimum is 4 (phone, messages, home screen, browser) so if you see anything else that shouldn't be there, go and close it. I had that problem at first and was killing the performance, with 8 things open and 10mb memory left...I actually mapped my right convenience key to app switcher!
    12-28-09 11:31 PM
    Thanks, everyone. I'll give it all I try. Didn't know about the battery pull, I was turning it off beforehand. Also don't think I was always shutting down Apps. Got a lot to learn apparently...
    This being the case, may I recommend that you take a few minutes and browse the "blackberry 101" area on Crackberry? There's a link in my sig. It has tons of insightful information!

Also, the battery pull is your new best friend. Whenever your curve gets cranky, pop that battery!

And welcome to Crackberry!
    12-29-09 02:00 AM
    A battery pull is the best answer, but for those of us with the otterbox, the quickpull app works well IMO.
    12-30-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD