Does anyone know of any tips to help keep my blackberry 8330 running smoothly?? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    05-17-09 08:32 PM
    Close your apps. Don't just hit the end button. If you go into an application and just hit the end button it will run in the background. If you hit Menu>Close or Exit it will keep from doing this (for most apps)

Do a battery pull at least every morning...or download something like Quick Pull

Setting the backlight down on your phone will help conserve battery life.

Delete any apps/themes/etc you aren't going to use...they just eat up your memory for no reason. Also go through the Set-Up option and delete all the languages you won't be using.

Hope this helps
    05-17-09 08:38 PM
    a battery pull every mourning?? Why is that? I just got my BB so I am new just wondering, I havn't done a battery pull yet and I have had it for right at a month. THanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 09:14 PM
    I personally don't find it necessary to perform a battery pull every morning. Just when you find your device starting to become slow or laggy, or you notice odd things like it starts deleting texts/emails by itself.
    05-17-09 09:16 PM
    i agree with a reset at least every other day. You don't need to pull the battery, you can do a double soft reset:

1. Press/Hold Left ALT
    2. Press/Hold Right aA
    3. Press/Hold Right DEL

Hold all 3 til the phone screen blacks out and the red LED comes on, then let go.

When you see the screen turn white, repeat.

That's a double soft reset. i find it easier than pulling the battery and reduces the risk of OS corruption.

Also agree with setting the Backlight Brightness at 50 or lower, and the Backlight Timeout 30 Seconds or less.

Options-Screen/Keyboard.

Of course it's personal preference and you should play around with the settings to see which works for you.

05-17-09 09:21 PM
    I don't see the need to do a battery pull every morning either. Keep an eye on your file free memory by going to options>status if you are downloading apps and themes quite a bit. If that file free number is around or below 12 mb you need to free some up. Also make sure if you are saving pics, ringtones, etc they are being saved to your media card and not your device memoey...

05-17-09 09:26 PM
    How do you make sure pictures and stuff save to your memory card instead of the device memory? Don't mean to high-jack, I'm new too.

05-17-09 09:48 PM
    First, check out the 101 lecture series
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

Those are a TON of help for all Newbies

Second, check out the app store
    BlackBerry Apps and BlackBerry Themes- Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

And @Jennlyn1 - This might point you in the right direction on saving Pics to memory card

Start your camera and hit menu key then options. select to save your pictures on media card. Hit back key and save. Now go to media then hit menu key and select options. Change device memory limit to 5MB. Also change reserved pictures memory to 0. Hit back and save.

other "stuff" is similar, but each will require it's own setting (except video, which wont even work unless you have a media card installed).
    05-17-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD