Whenver I plug in headphones I can only hear sound form one ear. No matter how many different headphones I plugin I still only hear sound from one ear. I think my headphone jack is broken. I bought a headphone jack from online. Hw do I replace my headphone jack with the new one? Can someone give me instructions on how to do that?
    10-29-10 07:37 PM
    I can't give you instructions on "how to" but I can suggest you try going onto YouTube and do a search to see if you can find instructions on that! Or perhaps just googling it to see if something may come up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-30-10 at 10:00 AM.
    10-30-10 09:55 AM
    Or try the search option here, upper right tab. Someone I am sure has posted instructions. Good luck.

10-30-10 11:59 AM
    Ive found forums on how to dissassemble a blackberry curve. I know how to do that. I dont know how to remove the jack off of the motherboard. I havnt found a forum that gives instructions on how to do that. People with my problem usually replace the unit. My phone is in warranty but I have to pay Sprint $45 for some service fee. I dont want to do that.
    10-30-10 03:47 PM
    Eew, if it's mounted to the board your going to have a hard time getting it off without effing the paths and other components next to it up. Surface mount components really need a quality soldering station to remove components. You will be playing with fire (literally) trying to attempt this with a soldering iron. My suggestion is to take the board and the replacement jack to a repair facility with the right tools. At least that way if They screw it up, they can give you a replacement. Besides you have done half the work and acquired a replacement jack to boot. It shouldn't cost much and they could repair it in about 15 minutes. Just my opinion. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

10-30-10 05:31 PM
    How do I find a blackberry repair store? Is it possible to use a mini usb headset adapter to plug my headfones into? Will that substitute for the headphone jack?

10-30-10 06:52 PM
    The best way to forget about the broken jack is get a Jabra stereo blutooth headset. A2DP compatible. Or call your carrier and ask where a repair company is in your locale.

10-31-10 10:36 AM
    Those are expensive!! So a usb headphone adapter will not work on a blackberry right.
    10-31-10 11:16 AM
    If the headphone jack is broken, it's broken. Google blackberry repair for your area.

10-31-10 12:58 PM
    Dont you plug in headphone adapter into the usb port not the headphone jack?
    10-31-10 04:23 PM
    As far as I know you won't get anything out of a data port unless you have a computer hooked to the other end.

10-31-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD